Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i'm going back to the start

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 45 — Threads: 5
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm only honest when it rains.
If I time it right, the thunder breaks
When I open my mouth.
I want to tell you but I don't know how.

As they settled, separated by the body of a dear friend, Erd found his gaze being drawn out to admire the churning waves of the ocean and the tapestry of painted colors cast against each white-capped wave from the slowly rising sun. It came as no surprise to him that Rhone had heard them before they could creep up on him; they weren’t exactly stealthy, nimble and quick as they could be.

Regardless, the older twin felt himself relaxing, his shoulders drooping and the flight feathers of his wings loosening each tension and soreness from their morning spent cliff diving at breakneck speeds. The breeze that swept up off of the ocean was cool and smelled of salt and brine as it toyed with the long taupe curls of his mane and tail. It was a good morning. Beautiful, tranquil, and spent in even better company now that they had found Rhone.

A small grey ear flicked in the bay’s direction, a curious look crossing his face. He had once been a king? Mulling it over in silent deliberation for a few moments, Erd decided that it wasn’t that much of a surprise. He could see it, in the way that Rhone held himself, in his actions and mannerisms and demeanor. He had probably been an amazing king, and he briefly wondered what kind of king he would make here, on Novus.

Sensing Ard’s own curiosity at that, the older warlock held his tongue and lifted his chin to catch Rhone’s earthly stare at his inquiry. Grey lips pulled up in a wide, toothy grin and he nodded. “Oh, we’ve been fine. Mostly staying indoors and out of trouble, you know? But Mari’s been pushing for new training tactics and stuff, so we’ve been practicing some new maneuvers that we’ll show her a little later.” Maybe. For some reason he didn’t think that cliff-diving was what Marisol had in mind when she asked them to ‘train for speed and endurance’.

Then, the gently followed, ”I hope you are well,” and Erd knew exactly what Rhone meant. His capture and the recovery afterwards. The young warlocks’s mile faltered only a little before he sighed and shrugged a shoulder. He could ponder and debate his pointless capture for hours, but why sully a gorgeous, wonderful morning?

“I’ve been really well. It’s good to be home with family and friends. Thank you again, for what you did Rhone. I don’t think I can repay you for that.”

For helping, yes, but mostly for looking after Ard when he couldn’t. Erd had no doubts that Rhone had been beyond helpful in keeping his brother safe and sane, and probably unknowingly prevented him from doing something drastic or potentially dangerous to himself. That, more than anything, warranted a debt that Erd was fairly sure he could never repay.

“I hope you are well, too. Are you?” And the warlocks’ easy going expression shifted into something akin to concern, his brows furrowed and turquoise eyes sincere as he kept his stare off of the ocean to instead focus on his friend.

“Speaking.”
credits

Messages In This Thread
i'm going back to the start - by Rhone - 03-25-2020, 08:26 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Erd - 03-29-2020, 01:57 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Ard - 03-29-2020, 01:58 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Rhone - 03-29-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Erd - 04-04-2020, 11:33 AM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Ard - 04-04-2020, 11:44 AM