Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i'm going back to the start

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 40 — Threads: 5
Signos: 5
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm only honest when it rains,
An open book with a torn out page,
And my ink's run out.
I want to love you but I don't know how.

There was a reassurance in Rhone’s touch, a gentle understanding and warm familiarity that Ard had never felt with anyone except for Erd.

Ever since Vreis, Ard abhorred touch or physical interaction from anyone except his brother. Vreis had been cruel. He had been merciless and sadistic and loved the sound of the young warlock’s voice. The madman had stolen everything from him; his confidence, his voice, his peace of mind… There were many days when the episodes were too much, when Ard found himself petrified to leave his and Erd’s little hidden nook away from the rest of the world with the very real fear that Vreis was out there, that he was searching for them, that he would find them and drag them back to Luminous.

There were hours, days, weeks when Ard wouldn’t utter a single word, terrified that even a whisper would cause him to hear Vreis’ sick praise, ’Good, good, sing for me, little dove.’

Ard hated everyone because of Vreis, even himself. Everyone except for his brother… And it was because of Vreis that he had hated Rhone, too, but Rhone was nothing like the rebel leader of Luminous.

They weren’t even close.

So when Rhone returned his gentle affirmation of affection, just a soft brush of a shoulder against his skin, Ard did not jump or shy away. He knew that Rhone would never hurt him, nor would he ever hurt Erd. Rhone was a caliber so much more than Vreis could ever hope to be, and so hearing that he had once been a king caused the younger twin’s heart to beat a little faster. Not in fear, mind you, but interest and intrigue.

“You were a king?” He asked, somewhat hesitant and curious like a perplexed child, turquoise eyes wide and blinking as he also stared up at Rhone, ears forward and so very eager to hear the tales of his experiences. “What was that like?”

The bay was still their friend. Learning that he was a king would never change how they perceived him or what they thought of him, but really, the twins knew so very little about their dearest friend in all of Novus.

Ard glanced away, suddenly shy for prying. Maybe it wasn’t his place. “I mean, you don’t have to tell us. We all have things we don’t want to talk about.”

“Speaking.”
credits

@Rhone <3

Messages In This Thread
i'm going back to the start - by Rhone - 03-25-2020, 08:26 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Erd - 03-29-2020, 01:57 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Ard - 03-29-2020, 01:58 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Rhone - 03-29-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Erd - 04-04-2020, 11:33 AM
RE: i'm going back to the start - by Ard - 04-04-2020, 11:44 AM