Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - come for me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

reunite with me

The wind howled throughout the eve, and their raspy breathes spoke volumes unto the earth. It was a bitter night, in both temperature and delusion. The shaman had run rampant in the dreams, minds, and thoughts of those whom he encountered, but no answers were left in his wake.

What was this relic? What significance did it hold?
What on earth did it resemble? Does it even exist?

In the fevered landscape buried within the depths of a sleeping mind, it spoke. But who was it - she - he? The shaman? A god? Tempus himself? "Bring yourself to me," hissed between tight teeth. There was no anger, just anxious need captured within the sanctity of a dream.

The visions would be bright within Rostislav's mind, startling. The dream - or was it a nightmare? - brought cold sweats with it. There was no denying its message; but whatever the outcome would be, was uncertain. 

Should he choose to follow it, the vision would lead him to the very tips of Veneror Peak. The day's sunlight brings warmth, but even at the northern-most peak of the worshiping mountains, the air would nip at skin like the insistent teeth of a herding dog. Or hellhound. Whichever fits, really.

The restlessness caused by the dream may even manifest in the form of panic, sending him up the mountain much quicker than he thought his legs could take him. The trek up the mountain would prove arduous and draining, leaving Rostislav aching in areas of his body he did not know could ache.

The shaman, ever tricky and cruel in his ways, had given the drunkard stallion nothing to offer at the top of the worshiping mountain. But that didn't matter anymore.

Should he? Would he? Where is he?

Once in sight of Veneror's cathedral, he would forget the grueling, backbreaking journey. He would forget the aching muscles, the heaving lungs, the soaked skin, his throbbing skull. Silence would envelop him, caught like a whirlwind in his throat. Are you even breathing anymore?

What was once lost has now been found.

Tucked in the corner of the spiraling stone pillars of the clearing, the ivy cradled her. The hellhound, lying prone on her right side and nape rested against the base of a massive stone pillar, sprawled peacefully amongst the rock. The ivy that encapsulated the vast pillars overtook the hellhound like a blanket, loosely weaving through the superficial top layer of her fur - but never constricting. Instead, it provided protection; those who sought the hound yet were not hers were met with an impenetrable blanket that dug deep into the ground, rooting Damaris into place. But once the intruders would leave the sacred land, the ivy would recede - its tight grip transforming once more into a gentle caress. Throughout it all, Damaris' green eyes remained closed, her chest rising and falling with a deep slumber. Like the ivy, she only awaited the right person to return.

Once Rostislav's breath would brush the creeping stems, they would recede, and Damaris' eyes would slowly begin to open. Such a vibrant green, meeting the stark contrast of his white eyes.

Hello, old friend.

@Rostislav's dreams have led him to the cathedral of spiraling stone atop Veneror Peak, where Damaris lies sleeping under a light blanket of ivy. Rostislav may interpret the dreams as a vision from the gods, but please be aware no 'confirmed' contact was made!

Thread requirements: 1 reply, 300 words. Please tag the RE account in your reply.
Once you respond, you may then begin including Damaris in Rostislav's posts.

Happy reunion!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Standing at the top of Veneror Peak, my mind a mix of shredded thoughts and feelings. I'm shredded. The dream - nightmare! - that had started it all - I couldn't remember it at all except for how it left me feeling. Anxious, in a panic.. looking for danger as soon as my eyelids parted. Sweat caking my body, drying slowly to leave me covered in salt, and uncomfortable chill despite the relative warmth of the spring morning. Tremors had run through my body as I tried to shake the grip of the dream. It was no use, and despite my efforts it haunted me. Haunted me so much that I agonized over what to do with myself. Without much organized thought, still perplexed at my feelings, the dream that left only emotional residue, I had begun the climb to the top of the mountain.

There was no answer to why. If anyone had asked I wouldn't have been able to tell them, and though I couldn't say for sure, interaction with anyone else might have knocked me from the mind numbing reverie I was in. The climb was hard, the hardest I'd ever made. Perhaps it was the continual thinning of the air, the fact I stopped for no rest... or something mystical that made the journey harder than normal. Again, there was no answer to why. I had no questions, no coherent thought to pass through my circuits. My legs ached, my lungs ached.. everything ached. Still I climbed, persevered, praying that there would be some resolution at the end of this trek. SOMETHING.

So here I am, standing at the top of this mountain peak, gasping for air. My legs tremble and I fear for a moment I might collapse. But a sight not far ahead of me catches my eye, and everything fades. The pain, the weakness... my mind clears like a sea after a storm, leaving only the hope of a desperate man. A single thought: Could it really be?

Ahead in the ground lies a body, wrapped in tangled vines of ivy. I step forward slowly, terrified that if I move too fast, if I blink.. I'll wake up and find myself far away and so, so alone. I recognize the form beyond the shadow of a doubt. Beneath the leaves I can see the soft black fur, the near-neon green "necklace". The pads of her feet stretched on the ground. I'm next to her now. Barely breathing, eyes transfixed on that canine face. Her eyes are closed, her breathing soft.

"Damaris."

I whisper her name, emotion choking even just the one word. Slowly, oh and it seems like aaages, her lids part, revealing her glowing green eyes beneath. Tears run silently down my face as I watch her breath in deeply. The vines retract from her body, uncovering her and exposing her to the chill of the peak. I reach forward with quivering nostrils to nudge her cheek. Oh praise the Gods, I have missed you so much. Whatever has brought you to me I am so forever thankful. I'm thankful to think these words, for I don't think I could speak them if I tried.

I have missed you too, Rosti.

WC: 536
Tag: @

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x