Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - her lips of amber never part

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 30
Inactive Character

Sereia

She sees the way determination sparks like a fire beneath his gaze. She wonders if it crackles through his bones as if he were kindling, his blood gasoline. “I do not doubt that you will become something,” Sereia muses, her sunset gaze holding his, watching for that bright spark. Yet upon her lips is a smile, small and wicked. That rogue smile has her kelpie’s savagery for still it presses its wants into the corners of Sereia’s being. Still dances to the rhythm of his pulse. 

The girl’s kelpie has wanted since she left her sister, Anandi, and her sister’s vulpine meal. Still she sees the way Anandi’s cunning smile curled as she offered Sereia a share. It was not often Anandi shared a meal, often she is too aggressive, too possessive. But not that day. Not when she sets herself to tempt Sereia to eat meat.

Caspian draws her attention back from blood and the wash of the tide over red-stained sand. Sereia peers up beneath the thick bow of ehr lashes. Her gaze is as sharp as an arrow, yet it softens upon seeing his delight. Lightly she dips her head as her smile grows. Her forelock dutifully falls forward, obscuring her answering smile. “You are far too delighted by such an observation.” She laughs and then trails slowly off and watches him thoughtfully. “You remind me of the pirates I see upon the waves. They are always at the heart of any trouble. But they do not worry about causing trouble in foreign cities.” 

Her eyes follow his to where the archway glints. Oh she misses the way it bathed her with broken shards of light. Such light danced in the way that water does. She ocean is a cry upon the air but Sereia does not listen to it. The land is full of far too many delights to return to the sea just yet. “Is a foreign city not the best place to cause trouble? No one knows your face or your name in a foreign city. It is easier to cause trouble and get away with it.” And then it clicks, her wide eyes narrow and she gazes at him, studying the rogue cut of his jaw, the raffish curve of his smile. “Unless you wish to be known and recognised.” Sereia smiles, she laughs, the sound soft, unlike the sharper angles of her slim body. “Will I find your face upon a wanted poster one day?”

She takes a breath, closing her eyes as the tastes dance across her tongue. Still they are as plain as dust. But for the smell of cooked meats. Such smells burst rich and alluring over her tongue. The kelpie turns back to him, “Tell me of these dragon cakes. I have never heard of them before…” Her eyes turn bright, her kelpie filling Sereia’s body piece by piece. Her grip slips.  The kelpie has her pressing closer, her lips reaching, reaching for his pulse. A child falls suddenly, their cry splits the night and Sereia suddenly steps back, startled.

“I am going to find these dragon cakes you speak of.” Slowly she smiles, “I shall look out for your poster when you become famous.” With that Sereia is gone, slipping into the crowd as if it were the sea. 

@Caspian <3

She wore her hope like a crown,
an unspoken soliloquy of dreams

~ Ariana

Messages In This Thread
her lips of amber never part - by Sereia - 04-03-2020, 04:21 PM
RE: her lips of amber never part - by Caspian - 04-08-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: her lips of amber never part - by Sereia - 04-10-2020, 11:19 AM
RE: her lips of amber never part - by Caspian - 05-16-2020, 02:59 PM
RE: her lips of amber never part - by Sereia - 05-20-2020, 03:39 PM
RE: her lips of amber never part - by Caspian - 05-29-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: her lips of amber never part - by Sereia - 07-12-2020, 07:01 AM