Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the world we close our eyes to see

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

hold me on your heart as the brave sea holds the foam

“I hope there will be more reasons you are glad than reasons you are not,” Samaira says softly into the air around them, as if she is wishing. As if she is hoping that saying it out loud will make it be true. The pegasus realizes she wants nothing more in her heart than for him to stay, and then she realizes, the moment they pull apart, that maybe that doesn’t mean stay here.

But if she could have him, she would have him anywhere, even if it were not on these shores or on the streets they are both so familiar with and yet ever unaccustomed to. Samaira looks into Asterion’s eyes as his lips curl in that boyish smile and her heart warms and settles, like upon a soft cloud, floating there happily.

A quiet laugh escapes her, melodic and light, as he comments on her boldness. “It is certainly not something I practice regularly,” but her moon-silver eyes turn more serious as Asterion continues to speak, “You would not have stayed gone for so long if it had been a choice.” There is no room for doubt in her accented voice, no room for his fears and uncertainties to bleed through. She would not let them in here.

“I’ve missed you too, Asterion,” the Terrastellan doctor responds, a smile forming upon her lips at his touch, “I’ve become a Doctor, at the hospital,” she says, remembering how pleased he had been, once, to hear that she had begun work there. What the earthen pegasus doesn’t say is how determinedly, how endlessly, she poured herself into that work after he had disappeared. She refuses to make room for her aches here, either. “Do you remember the last time we stood on these sands?”

Samaira glances up at Asterion, into his midnight eyes, and her floating heart skips a beat. “I wanted to tell you something that day, and I was too afraid to,” she breathes out slowly and half-smiles. The sea rolls in with a breeze, playfully tugging at the long strands of her hair. “I thought I would never get the chance to tell you,” she leans toward him and tenderly presses her cheek to his.

Closing her eyes, she takes a moment to relish in the warmth of his skin, in the realness of his touch. He is here. He will be here in a minute, and an hour, and tomorrow, and the day after. No matter if it is in Terrastella or not, she will not hold back her desires any longer. Her voice is confessionally quiet, the truth slipping past her lips like an opening spring bloom, “You are the thing my heart has always wanted for.”

take me far away to the hills that hide your home
| @Asterion ahhhhh

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
the world we close our eyes to see - by Samaira - 04-03-2020, 04:25 PM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Asterion - 04-06-2020, 10:23 PM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Asterion - 05-16-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Samaira - 06-20-2020, 07:09 PM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Asterion - 07-03-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Asterion - 07-31-2020, 03:03 PM