Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Horseplay

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Willfur

Willfur

He's a little disappointed at first that no one is drawn into the game by his antics. No as-yet unknown figure bounds out of the grass to rear and box and leap away with him, but there's a kind of personal joy in the movements themselves, and his shadow is partner enough for now, even if it is predictable in its jabs and feints. He carries on until his lungs begin to heave, his hooves grow heavy, and a sweat breaks out across his neck, mottling the peach colored coat with streaks of deep chestnut, then slows, blowing his nose clear of mucus and dust.

What must be the eastern edge of the Viride Forest sprawls immediately ahead, surprising him with the realization that his wild romp has carried him all the way across the plains. Quite a run for so large an animal! And then a second surprise quickly follows the first, a voice rising above the susurrations of wind and grass, pleasant and inviting, inquiring.

"Hello!" He calls politely, glad to find some company after all. "It certainly does, but I think I might feel it again tomorrow, in less joyful circumstances." A rueful smile quirks the corners of his mouth, giving the mule a look of both child and parent, one half exasperation and the other too satisfied with the act to be ashamed.

How light he feels, having given in to such a small impulse.

"Mephisto." He repeats, carefully mimicking her pronunciation. "I'm Willfur, and pleased to meet you! I'm headed to the library in Dawn Court, eventually, but I couldn't just pass blindly by." Turning to cast his eyes back over the plains, he sighs quietly, his oversized ears relaxing into a lopsided tilt.

"I'm really not that much of a sprinter, you might be surprised to learn," Another smile, this one teasing, then slipping into something more serious, thoughtful. But I've always loved huge, open spaces like this, where the ground just goes on and on to the horizon. It feels like I could start out in any direction and never have to stop or turn, which isn't true, obviously, but something about that feeling..."

Trailing off, he suddenly realizes how long he's been speaking and how carelessly he's let himself assume intimacy with someone he's only just met. He turns to face the mare, a trace of embarrassment and anxiety flashing across his features. "Silly, maybe." He dismisses, then quickly reconsiders, eyes catching on the wings folded at Mephisto's sides. "Is that what it's like for you? Up there?"

@Mephisto

Messages In This Thread
Horseplay - by Willfur - 04-08-2020, 05:21 PM
RE: Horseplay - by Mephisto - 05-16-2020, 03:57 AM
RE: Horseplay - by Willfur - 05-29-2020, 10:55 AM
RE: Horseplay - by Mephisto - 05-30-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: Horseplay - by Willfur - 06-11-2020, 09:26 AM
RE: Horseplay - by Mephisto - 06-16-2020, 03:44 AM
RE: Horseplay - by Willfur - 06-24-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: Horseplay - by Mephisto - 07-12-2020, 02:36 PM