Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Horseplay

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court warrior

“F
reedom is hardly silly.”  She offers him an easy smile, thinking of how she felt in the skies.  When troubles befell her and the world became too much to handle, she could clear her head while flying through the endless sky.  So, she understood exactly how he felt.  The world just looked different from the heavens – smaller.  It gave her perspective to see that there was far more to their lives than the daily grind.  The world was so much bigger than they could truly know, with more to explore and see than she could ever do in a lifetime.

It is easy to talk to the playful scholar, and Mephisto shakes away some of her tension, allowing herself a moment to soak in the sun.  “The heavens are just like this” she offered, “Boundless and open.  There is as much to explore in the skies as on the ground.”  It was hard to explain to someone who couldn’t fly himself – who would never fly.  The thought twisted her heart, for Mephisto had always taken it for granted that she could fly.  She couldn’t imagine things any other way.  Still, it didn’t seem to bother Willfur, for he’d found his own sky in this place with wide spaces and waving grass.

“I don’t find myself here often.  There are many places in Novus I’ve yet to encounter… to be honest, I don’t get out as much as I probably should.  Tell me…” she paused with a genuine curiosity, “What do you read about in your library?  It sounds like a grand place.”  

While she wasn’t a scholar, Mephisto had a seeker’s inquisitive nature.  She longed to know more of the lore for this place, curious what drove the pious to worship their gods, even as she considered herself a skeptic.  

Mephisto | "speaks" | @Willfur
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
Horseplay - by Willfur - 04-08-2020, 05:21 PM
RE: Horseplay - by Mephisto - 05-16-2020, 03:57 AM
RE: Horseplay - by Willfur - 05-29-2020, 10:55 AM
RE: Horseplay - by Mephisto - 05-30-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: Horseplay - by Willfur - 06-11-2020, 09:26 AM
RE: Horseplay - by Mephisto - 06-16-2020, 03:44 AM
RE: Horseplay - by Willfur - 06-24-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: Horseplay - by Mephisto - 07-12-2020, 02:36 PM