Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Brunch

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Willfur

Willfur

The forest feels suddenly still, quiet. Everything is quiet. His interest is met by silence and it hangs tensely, anticipatory, between them. His ignorance of what the anticipation might be for makes him uneasy and begins to raise his guard, the unknown having been the agent of death for many an ancestor. Hesitantly, he answers, "I'm Willfur... who are you?"

Watching now, he notices the wilting grass, the leaves curling back on their branches. The withering creeps around them in a wash of brown and black, seeping like water pouring from the red mares hooves, but there is no water, and water should nurture the forest, not scorch it.

One ear tips back uncertainly as his mind begins to run through questions, scenarios. Has he wandered somewhere he shouldn't have? Has he offended somehow? Would he be expected to know who she is, what her significance might be, if he were a local? But she must know that he's not, if her eyes and ears and nose work, and they sure look like they're working, with how intently they're all focusing on him.

"I've had my fill, I think." The blocky head tilts so that only one eye and ear are facing the mare, his intuition advising, admittedly a little late, that this is not someone he wants to perceive him as threatening or possessive in any way. Equally, he doesn't think it would bring anything good to show weakness or fear either, so he takes just one step back, a deliberate yield, showing that if she says go, he will happily go, but he is not fleeing in terror.

"I'm just passing through - on my way to the Dawn Court. I've heard they have an extensive library." The clay colored features brighten, excitement shining through his caution like sunlight through a canopy, only marginally curbed and showing clear gaps in coverage. He just can't help himself where these things are concerned. "Perhaps you've seen it?"

@Thana

Messages In This Thread
Brunch - by Willfur - 04-09-2020, 10:18 PM
RE: Brunch - by Thana - 04-10-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Brunch - by Willfur - 04-12-2020, 09:43 AM
RE: Brunch - by Thana - 04-22-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Brunch - by Willfur - 05-02-2020, 10:58 AM
RE: Brunch - by Thana - 05-09-2020, 04:12 PM
RE: Brunch - by Willfur - 05-25-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: Brunch - by Thana - 06-01-2020, 02:44 PM
RE: Brunch - by Willfur - 06-04-2020, 03:08 PM