Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - at me, the sea withdrew

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Tangi [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 1
Signos: 120
Inactive Character

J A H R A
the stars nodded, the ocean agreed

The sea is the only constant that Jahra knows.

The sea, and her wanderlust.

To leave behind the family she had cultivated ─ those borne of blood and those gently tended to until they flourished, from Nordlys to Sovereign ─ had not been a choice that the Scholar woman had come to lightly. But they had understood, just as they had always understood her desire to learn. Just as they had always loved her wandering heart.

“Juxta condictum revertar me,” Jahra had told them ─ Aehra, Aelin, Avallac'h, Campion, Soln ─ in lilting Nordlysian, her throat burning tight with emotion and her deep sapphire eyes heavy with the threat of  tears. She had meant it, of course; the intention would always be to return to her family after satiating whatever incandescent desire has scorched a beacon within her chest. And they had let her go.

It's at the sea she gazes now, those sapphire blues peering at the distant pastel horizon. There is no other land in sight, nothing beyond the rock spires that she can see except for the endless sky and the endless sea. But still, she imagines that Aehra sits at some coast far south of here, staring into the same tumultuous water as she. Waiting, mother and daughter, to be reunited again, but still excited for the adventure that will inevitably unfurl before both of them separately.

“Salvus erit: iuvenes, heroem finxit,” Jahra whispers to her daughter over the churning tide before pivoting her finned, blue-grey body away from the sea and towards the rocky outcroppings that protect the edges of the mainland. Despite the warmth of the day (or, perhaps, because of it), she does not find any nearby company from who she could acquire answers about this new world she has found herself in ─

But there is no hurry.

At least not when she has nowhere to go.

@ any
the flowers chorused,
"bloom now ─ bloom free"
─rise, again
hover over speech for translations
d | n

Messages In This Thread
at me, the sea withdrew - by Jahra - 04-13-2020, 09:26 PM
RE: at me, the sea withdrew - by Boudika - 04-14-2020, 02:32 PM
RE: at me, the sea withdrew - by Tenebrae - 04-15-2020, 11:52 AM
RE: at me, the sea withdrew - by Jahra - 04-18-2020, 12:33 PM