Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Across the great unknown

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Nikkayla [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 4
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

In there, in the space of that moment, Indrani wished for nothing more than to race her newfound companion - one winged, one finned, and see who was the faster in their element. Yet there was no water, and should she change her shape she would simply suffocate here, and she didn’t want to learn the hard way how dangerous it was. So instead, Indrani dances a little in place, and it shows in the way she moved that while she looked like one of them, she was not able to move as they did.

Her limbs seemed to splay as she moved, although afraid they should not actually support the motion she did.

And her face lights up like the light of the nebula around them, as she answers the question with an absurd amount of cheer.

“Where you were, up there, is how it feels! But there is much more light here, just… picture the stars and imagine them falling around you, as the light from overhead fades as you venture deeper. Soon you can’t even see the snow as it falls with you, but then the world below lights up, as it shines like it has been soaked in sunlight for eons before being submerged. So many coloured lights, and so many different kinds of fish and animal swim around you. It is like flying in the sky here,” she repeats the end, but then giggles.

“Only, much more pressure and the water works against you,” she says as she swings her head through the open air. “And it feels like a strong wind sometimes.”

It wasn’t cold to her, it wasn’t unwelcoming. It was her home, as much as she felt this starlit place was.

Yet the notion that this place made of shimmering starlight and astral magic, a welcoming embrace that felt truly like one was moving upon an interstellar plain, did not belong to any one who walked like they did was something of rarity to her.

“It will change? I will miss this world - it feels like home but feels so strange, all at once. It is a wonderful sensation,” she says. Indrani spins slowly in a circle, as she gambols slowly in an arc and enjoys the din she creates in the void.

When the stranger mentioned Terrastella, Indrani stopped and spun back to her. She grinned, wide and true.

“I know that name! It is where I call home, on the surface. My beloved sister lives there and I joined her, I was so happy to find her! I am also of Terrastella. My name is Indrani,” she says, introducing herself with a flourish of her head and horns, to the winged wonder who shared the same home she did...

@Mephisto <3

Messages In This Thread
Across the great unknown - by Mephisto - 04-15-2020, 01:15 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Indrani - 05-26-2020, 07:21 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Mephisto - 05-26-2020, 07:41 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Indrani - 05-28-2020, 07:46 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Mephisto - 05-30-2020, 04:17 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Indrani - 05-30-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Mephisto - 05-31-2020, 02:01 AM