Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - Are we all lost stars?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Azrael

azrael

The two are not so different, Azrael thinks, as they stare upon the dark expanse of magic masquerading as sky.  There is an easy quiet to their reflection, and though he knows the island holds dark secrets, he continues to be at peace among the false stars and their brightness.  With a sigh, he shakes away the slight edging of unease, heeding caution at Tenebrae’s suggestion to the darker side of Tempus’ ire.  What other purpose this place of shifting scenery might hold was yet to be discovered, he decided, resigning himself to letting curiosity about the island rest, and focusing this inquisitive nature on his companion instead.

“Yes.” he answers simply, when asked about the stars he so loved.  “Denocte is not as our home once was, so close to the heavens and to Caligo herself.  I feel her presence waning now, perhaps drowned out by the conflict with the sun.  There are nights I long to touch the stars once more – nights I stay awake to the sounds of screaming in the darkness.  Such a thing can never truly leave you, though the memories dull with time.”  It was a shame, truly, the way the end had come to the People.  Some days, he craved the community he’d lost, but Azrael did what he could to move forward and adapt.

“I find the mountains a suitable home – they are quieter than the Court.  I must admit, I fear I am not cut out for court life in a traditional sense.”  Would the monk understand?  Azrael couldn’t be certain that his sigil-marked friend was an outsider too, but he wouldn’t doubt that one so devoutly following Caligo would find the entertainers of the Night Court a bit raucous for his taste.  

While Azrael knew no monks in this life, he had deep respect for the priestesses who read the stars.  It is not so different, he supposed, to have an order as vassals to their goddess.  Curious to know more, he pressed the stallion.  “It is good, that there are those who still serve the gods.  How could I not – for the People are said to have descended from Caligo herself.  I cannot abandon the one who reigns over the night… and I presume those who have feel simply spurned because they did not heed her warnings.  The signs were there, but not all were receptive to hear.”

“I saw her once.” he offers thoughtfully.  “She came to me in a dream – it was an amazing thing to be in her presence, if only for a moment.”

“Speaking.”  dreams
credits

@Tenebrae

Messages In This Thread
Are we all lost stars? - by Azrael - 04-18-2020, 03:49 AM
RE: Are we all lost stars? - by Tenebrae - 04-18-2020, 06:33 AM
RE: Are we all lost stars? - by Azrael - 04-18-2020, 07:09 AM
RE: Are we all lost stars? - by Tenebrae - 04-19-2020, 04:10 PM
RE: Are we all lost stars? - by Azrael - 04-22-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Are we all lost stars? - by Tenebrae - 04-26-2020, 09:24 AM
RE: Are we all lost stars? - by Azrael - 05-02-2020, 04:42 AM
RE: Are we all lost stars? - by Tenebrae - 05-13-2020, 04:39 PM