Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - cathedral bell

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

i'm confused by the shapes in the dark
the thoughts in my head
i know i'm alive, i thought i was dead

It's always interesting to her - those with the psychic ability, that is. Deep down, she is not psychic, but merely in tune with the world around her and is able to read signs that others may not. She cannot predict the future, but sometimes Spirit has a funny way of warning of future events. Still, this does not make her discredit those who truly have this gift of future-telling.

Corr's ears twitch when Elena says she's from Terrastella. It's a shame their paths did not cross then, but perhaps that's why they have crossed now. She's a lovely girl, Corr thinks, and even if it seems delayed, maybe she has found a new friend. "Everything happens for a reason!" she says, feeling chipper. "Although we did not meet in Terrastella, I'm glad that we have met now. It was fate, I would say." The mare thinks back to her house in the swamp, feeling a pang of homesickness. "I do miss the swamp, but the forest is lovely here too."

To Corr's delight, the woman enjoys the tea she's made for them. She takes a sip herself while Elena makes her choice of which deck she feels called to. Although there was no wrong answer, Corr is almost happier to hear her choose animal spirits. It's always fun to tap into the messages from the creatures around them. Sometimes it feels more forgiving than the energy tarot can bring.

"What am I supposed to do?" Elena asks. In reality, it's a common question Corr gets from clients, but it's no problem. Many come to her for direction, so it's only natural to ask such a question.

Corrdelia takes a moment to close her eyes and focus on her breathing. With each inhale and exhale, her mind slowly clears. She allows herself to tune out everything around her so she can be a vessel for the messages that Spirit brings. It's an important exercise she must do in order to hear everything more clearly for her clients.

She opens her eyes to pick up the deck and starts shuffling. Closing her eyes again, she continues to work on her breathing exercises while also focusing her attention on the cards. There really is no right or wrong way to shuffle, but she tends to listen to her intuition until she feels compelled to stop. When that moment comes, she lays out three cards onto the table. The first card is placed a little higher than the other two.

"The first card - or animal guide - will help us get a clearer understanding of the situation you're in and what you might be able to learn from it. I like to think that it can be a representation of ourselves," Corrdelia explains, glancing at Elena for a moment before flipping the card around. The image shows a group of salmon swimming upstream. The strong current of the water is displayed in the artwork and it makes Corr smile. It's a very literal symbol of the water element, but it seems very fitting to this woman's personality.

"Our first animal guide to speak is Salmon, or Fish. They are an animal of movement- nothing pleases them more. This is in line with their element of water- always moving, sometimes changing course, but otherwise 'going with the flow'. Fish remind us of our intuition and want us to follow our true path. Salmon in particular are strong swimmers and have an ability to swim upstream, taking a journey back to the rivers of their birth."

Corrdelia pauses a moment, closing her eyes again and reaching out to the Spirit realm. She can almost feel the current of the rushing water. At the same time, she can smell the salt and brine of sea, feeling the ebb and flow of the waves and hearing them crash against a cliffside. It reminds her of Praistigia Cliffs back in Terrastella and she wonders if this has a particular meaning for Elena. It feels somber, despite Elena's aura shining through like a summer sun.

"By Salmon making an appearance, it tells me that there is some uncertainty of what your true path is. There is restlessness, maybe feeling lost in the current of things. It could also mean slippery relationships- either with ourselves or others. You may be lost without clear goals or intentions," she explains, opening her eyes again. She feels for Elena. It's not easy to know what ones true purpose is, but hopefully they can find a sense of direction today with the help of the Guides.

She is drawn to look to the other cards first before looking deeper into these messages, so she flips the second card over. It reveals a mountain lion standing on a rock. They do not stand tall, but rather slightly hunched down. Corr's expression lights up as it starts to make more sense in her mind.

The message of the feline feels much stronger than the calming flow of water that the salmon swims through. This is some combination of earth and fire and it comes to her with much more force. "Now Salmon is speaking to your goals and true path, Mountain lion speaks to this too. However, they encourage you to keep these hidden. They are mysterious creatures that hunt at night and are usually more solitary beings. They speak to holding on to what your goals are until they are rooted and ready to be unveiled. If you were to reveal them too early, it might dilute their true potential. You want to give yourself time to think about what your aspirations really are and build up confidence on them. Open up only when the time is right and when you can welcome the feedback of others. Follow the Mountain lion's solitary nature by only keeping a small circle of people around you. Make sure they are trust-worthy and will help you grow in the right ways. You must avoid those who are judgmental."

She does not hesitate when flipping the final card over, which reveals a colorful image of a Chameleon. This is when Corr now finds herself taking a second to gather her thoughts to make sure she can listen to their message closely.

"Chameleon reflects on energy and how that energy flows. It speaks to the magic of empaths. Chameleon changes color in response to their surroundings and this is similar to how us empaths will shift energy based on our mood, or the mood of those around us. There are many ways to manipulate this energy and what Chameleon is saying here is to not lose yourself. You want to be more aware of your life force, be mindful of the energy you project and absorb. Chameleon wants you to know the difference between adapting to an environment and trying to fit in. They ask you, 'are you changing your own color to please someone else? Is what you're feeling authentic or are you carrying the baggage of others?'" It's strange just how much this message resonates with Corrdelia and perhaps the Guide is speaking to them both. It makes her wonder if this woman shares the same empath magic she inherited when she came to Novus.

There is the smell of the river in the air for a moment and the crow witch's eyes drift back to the card of the Salmon. She circles back to what was revealed at the start. "Salmon understands all this for you and wants you to look inward. Take time to think about the path you're currently on. They ask if you are following your intuition or if you're simply letting the current take you. Do you feel as if you're struggling to swim upstream and getting nowhere or are you forging your own path? By following your intuition and listening to Salmon, you may find yourself coming to a place you couldn't have even imagined, but this is a good thing."

There is one last message that the fish brings before she can imagine it swimming away. "You can find some clarity by spending time with lunar forces. Do you feel any inspiration by the night- by the Moon? You may find that it will bring you peace and soothe your soul and help you on this search within yourself."

She gives a silent thanks to the cards and the Spirits before picking the cards up and placing them back in their home of the deck. With a soft smile, her eyes move to the woman of gold. There is always a rush of emotions to be felt after giving a client a reading, so Corr will not be surprised if this time is the same.

"Well my dear, do you have any questions?" Her voice is calm and she keeps her own questions to herself until she's sure Elena feels content. However, the curiosity is still there to know if the woman is an empath too. Maybe they can both learn from each other in their shared abilities.

"Speaking."
credits

@Elena <3

Messages In This Thread
cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 04-24-2020, 12:15 AM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 04-29-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 05-26-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 06-07-2020, 02:57 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 06-13-2020, 11:30 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 06-29-2020, 09:54 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 07-03-2020, 09:38 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 07-18-2020, 11:06 PM