Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the storm-taste of our skin,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

She can remember the first time she had considered leaving home. The first time the thought of ‘What if I never went back?’ crossed her mind. She had gone of by herself in Windskeep, against her parents rules and requests. Windskeep, in peaceful times, was the epitome of safety for a child, but this was not times of peace, but of war. Dangers lurked in shadows. But Elena was angry, having been reprimanded by her parents and so she searched beyond those shadows and it was beyond these shadows that she found a cave, adorned with crystals, bright and beautiful. What illuminated the cave was unknown to the little blonde girl. Magic, always magic. And she thinks, within the confines of her cave, what if she didn't go back? Would the world continue on without her? Would they miss her? Would they regret ever being angry with her, scolding her? Elena thinks they would. They would be sorry.

In the end though, it was Elena who was sorry, alone and scared when the sun was inching closer to that horizon. She ran from her cave, with tears streaming from her eyes until she found her mother and into her pale form, the golden filly buried herself. Beylani had been looking for her, she had missed her, she had worried for her. Elena was sorry, Beylani was sorry. Elena thought then that night, as she laid nestled between her parents, her grandmother close. “What if she had never come back?”

It is her daring she is drawn to, the chains on her face and the secrets she thinks she can see swimming in the backs of those eyes of hers. She has seen eyes like these before, eyes with ancient storms trapped in their bellies. For a moment her attention is held captive by the chains she wears and she traces each delicate link with blue eyes.

A laugh, silvery and playful, steals her breath for a moment. “If I could float, I can tell you I would not have been caught in the rain,” she says, searching the woman’s face with eyes like sky blue.  She wonders, does this woman like the quiet of a drizzle or does her breath hold for the noise of storms? Whatever those silly thoughts are though, Elena buries them away as she takes the drink that is handed to her.

A single sip and her face contorts with the strength of it, it feels feral sliding down her throat and swims like a shark in her stomach. “That’s uh, stronger than what i am used to,” she admits to the woman, sliding blue eyes over to her with a hint of embarrassment. “What brings you out on a rainy day?” She asks her, even as her voice is light, Elena finds herself choosing her words carefully around her. There was something about her that made the back of Elena’s neck tingle with something like adventure and mystery, it tastes like wild promise on her lips. Her empathy wraps around the girl’s emotions like a lover, and greedily sweeps it away into Elena’s gut. She cant quite place what emotion sits on her face, but everything in Elena wants to run, to throw everything into the wind and see if anyone would catch her if she threw herself over. It feels unfamiliar, it feels invigorating, and she isn't ready to relinquish it just yet. She takes another sip, a silent confirmation she would stay with the woman.

“Seeing you happy would be enough for me.” She had once told a man. Even as she hurt him again and again, with every wanton gaze she threw to the boy with antlers, and every unchaste touch she let upon her. Her unloyal heart was as much a villain as it would be if she slipped poison into his drink. Seeing him happy would be enough for her, and once it would have been. But looking to the strange girl before her, she thinks for the first time, selfishly, maybe there was more to all of this than just the happiness of others. She tries to bury the thought inside her chest, but it stands there, clear as day, blazing behind her eyes.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@"Al'Zahra"

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
the storm-taste of our skin, - by Al'Zahra - 05-29-2020, 05:51 PM
RE: the storm-taste of our skin, - by Elena - 06-07-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: the storm-taste of our skin, - by Al'Zahra - 06-11-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: the storm-taste of our skin, - by Elena - 06-27-2020, 07:47 PM