Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a darkness brighter than the dawn,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

A LITTLE MAYHEM NEVER HURT ANYONE

Grueling tensions // Want me in a spiral // I'm waiting to unravel // Twisted motives // Drive me in a circle // I'm dying to untangle

Thankfully, Isra doesn't continue to torture Morrighan with the quicksand and the ground transforms to a field of dandelions. Some of the seeds float in the air from the ocean breeze and it tickles her nose. It's hard, but she does her best to hold back a sneeze. The last thing she needs is to lose her composure by having a sneezing fit from the damn things.

The former Sovereign goes on to explain her journey and, while Morr still doesn't know the details, she knows it had something to do with a war and the woman's homeland. Sure, maybe part of her would want to travel back to Ourania too and finish the war they started, but that all felt like ages ago. It's a world she doesn't even consider home anymore, but somewhere foreign and no longer important. She's transferred her roots here in Denocte and it's much more worthy of her energy and time.

Maybe she'll never understand it because she never lived through what Isra endured. There were no children in chains or in other words, there were no slaves. Just a war against two species that seemed to span centuries with no end in sight. A war between magic and a predator's jaws. She's not even sure if there's anything left of that world or if they all had been scattered across realms during that same blackout that brought Morr here.

In all honesty, she didn't know what she'd do if she had the power to save thousands. Would she use it for good or for chaos and destruction? She decides to keep her mouth shut, but her eyes are still narrowed. Especially now that Isra is assuming the Regent's world has always been small.

"No," she says curtly. "I've just always had one family to be loyal to." In a way she's mocking the mare, but it's also the honest truth. It became very clear when she first arrived that she would have to make this new world her home, so she did. She settled into the Night Court, called them her new family and home, and pledged her allegiance to them instead. Here she is now making her way up the ranks, but of course Isra wouldn't know about her promotion. It's almost tempting to mention it, maybe then she would understand, but Morrighan decides to bring that up later.

Her fire disappears. There is only smoke in the air and the smell of burning grass and dandelions. She will always feel bitter about this, but she can at least put her weapon down.

For now.

"Did the others make it?" she asks, referring to the ones that joined Isra on the boat. Morr remembers hearing something about Michael coming back early, but she has yet to run into him again. It's odd to see no one behind the woman now except Fable, which doesn't seem to be a good sign. She hopes they didn't perish at sea, or worse, got caught in the crossfire of Isra's war. It certainly would not help her case.

"Speaking."
@Isra <3
credits

Messages In This Thread
a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Isra - 05-29-2020, 07:16 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Morrighan - 05-29-2020, 09:57 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Isra - 06-03-2020, 06:57 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Morrighan - 06-14-2020, 09:18 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Isra - 06-29-2020, 01:29 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Morrighan - 07-05-2020, 08:31 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Isra - 07-31-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Morrighan - 08-02-2020, 01:52 PM