Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - whispers in the forest [open]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline del [PM] Posts: 16 — Threads: 4
Signos: 195
Inactive Character

Her laugh is honest in the way that the sun can be gentle. Not at all harsh or domineering, it was light and energetic in the space that separates them. A bashful smile interrupts Nöelle’s expressions. Causing her ears to fall back briefly. Fighting the desire to say otherwise. “… If you say so.” She takes a deep breath. “I have so much to learn!” She rumbles out.

It brings some delight to Nöelle when she inquires about the dyes. She may as well spend hours talking about her method and process. Which sorely required refinement – but the fae was not a chemist at heart. She relied on experience instead, of note taking and experimentation that lacked the subtle details any scientist practiced meticulously. She was simply ignorant of such ways, and perhaps she had some sense of that on her journey to Delumine “Yes. Quite a bit actually! Everything from bark, to seeds… roots and flowers… The colors tend to be softer than the refined stuff.”

Nöelle had brought swatches of cloth in her satchel. Small cuts attached with the name of the product she had dyed with, and the amount of baths she’d given to the cloth. The thought to show her new friend crossed Nöelle’s mind. Perhaps to prove to her – to some degree, that you could draw out various colors and imprint them with the materials she had just listed.

She hesitated then as the pegasi began to speak, as she began to chew her lip, her light drawing inwards. “Solstice.” Nöelle paused briefly.

“Do you prefer that name?” It was a name that had become other, an extension of something, or someone. That it wasn’t or hadn’t been her name – for a time. “It’s a pretty name, mysterious name…”

The other mare hints of the world she came from. The people who had named her, the people she did not care for. Nöelle nods, understanding to some degree – though not entirely. She had only ever known the movement of escaping one land for another. Losing those she had loved, missed – grew weary of never hearing from again. A part of her half expected this world to crumble at some point. Perhaps, in the back of her mind – she was ready, always ready to escape.

“Partly,” she murmurs. “It’s in the Dawn Court’s lands. So that's a good sign.” She laughs off-handedly.

“I’m in search of an old Library. I’ve been told it resides in the Viride Forest, which I believe must be this one.” She glances about, the forest much quieter than she’s used to – the singsong of birds, and the shifting cadence of the trees offers some reassurance. However, the sound carried long and tunneled across the relatively bare ground, and overhanging leaves. Nöelle reminds herself, of the nights where she felt entirely alone and preyed upon by eyes in the distance.

“I want to research my craft. To find easier or better ways of doing things… I’m not a chemist, and Delumine is said to house scholars and all sorts of knowledge behind its borders. If I can’t find it here, I suppose… I would have to pay a trip to the Dawn Court itself. And look for a guide, or a more specific map.” She considered Solstice, tilting her gaze on the pegasus.

“You haven’t been to the city have you? The Dawn Court, where the ruler takes residence. I’m not even sure if it’s a city… but it must be.”

CREDITS

ooc// @Solstice

Messages In This Thread
whispers in the forest [open] - by Solstice - 05-30-2020, 05:29 AM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Noëlle - 06-01-2020, 01:26 AM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Solstice - 06-01-2020, 04:26 PM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Noëlle - 06-03-2020, 03:34 PM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Solstice - 06-04-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Noëlle - 06-11-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Solstice - 06-16-2020, 04:07 AM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Noëlle - 07-07-2020, 10:05 PM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Solstice - 08-30-2020, 02:04 PM