Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court spy

D
id she miss her homeland?  “Yes”.  Her answer was stark and open, and for a moment the pegasus’ resolve chinks a bit.  There is something raw and vulnerable in her with the admission, for she did miss the wild lands, the faces of those who she’d considered family, and at times, even the magic that twisted and stole their land away.  “I cannot say that I truly belong here in Novus, not yet anyway…”  Her mind drifts quickly toward Marisol and the vow she’d taken to protect Terrestella as one of the Halcyon.  It was a duty she took seriously, certainly – but she did not feel the same sense of family as she’d once had.

“The island seems very like my homeland – different scenery, yes… but it has the same bite to the air – the same hum of magic.” The Rift had been something of a darker place though, a land where the magic was allowed to run wild without a master.  Perhaps that was the difference.  Maybe Tempus had learned to harness its power, or at least direct the bulk of it away from his Novus lands.  There were times that Mephisto wondered if the island had brought her here, creating some sort of wormhole in time for her to travel to Novus.  It wouldn’t be the strangest thing which had happened, she knew – and yet the idea still seemed a bit far-fetched for her rational mind to comprehend.

“In a land with no gods, each becomes their own master – there are no excuses for your successes or failures.  Too often, I find others will blame or praise their gods for the work of man.  I cannot know if the lore is true, as I’ve never seen Vespera show her face in Terrestella… there are those who claim she has, though.”  Even if she did, Mephisto wouldn’t be one to blindly follow… for she had come from a place far from here, so she knew there was more to the world than just what Novus could show.  If the gods would show her their value, perhaps she would honor them with her worship – but for now Mephisto would simply continue as she always had, reliant on only herself.

@Mephisto | "speaks" | @Tenebrae
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] [fall] - by Mephisto - 06-01-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now - by Mephisto - 06-06-2020, 03:41 AM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Mephisto - 08-26-2020, 12:55 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Mephisto - 08-31-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Mephisto - 09-20-2020, 01:59 PM