Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - (fall) memories down our cheeks

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

The crow witch welcomes the touch to her shoulder. As he does so, there is a gentle nudge of his calm and happiness. She breathes it in with the fresh fall air that has just a hint of damp earth and flowers. Just as she remembers him.

Last winter is a shadow. A demon in the night that she has long since banished. All she lets in are memories of meeting him and seeing his magic for the first time. The rest feels like a thick fog and she doesn't dare to venture much farther than that. Besides, this evening is not meant for that energy. The fireflies are telling her that as they nestle into her feathers and drift along her skin.

"I've been well. I finally finished unpacking and the forest seems to have welcomed me. All my herbs are growing in the garden again," she answers, her mind drifting to her home in the woods and the bright scent of her plants. Those buggers had been so stubborn at first, but now finally they too seem to be settling in. It's all feeling a little more balanced.

The music can be felt even deeper than just within her ears and she has the sudden urge to dance to its tune. When Po suggests they check out the river, she's already starting to move her hooves to the beat while she nods in agreement.

They make their way there with their laughter and dancing. It all comes together in a perfect moment as Po's magic truly brings the river to life. Corr will never grow tired of watching this and wonders if Delumine gets more of its beauty from his abilities.

When he tucks one of his flowers behind her ear, she feels honored to be given such a beautiful gift. But talking of dreams and brightness, it seems the flower is the more colorful thing in this conversation. Corr doesn't want to bring a dark cloud between them.

"Depends on what herbal mixture I make for myself and if there are any mushrooms in it," she says with a laugh, uncertain if Po is familiar with their effects. "But this - I could say here forever." More particularly this moment, these feelings and these smells. It all comes together and just feels so perfect. It brings a balance that she didn't realize she had been longing for.

Maybe she was always meant to be here, it just took her some time to find her way.

"What brought you to Delumine in the first place?" she asks, wondering if he'll feel comfortable telling his story. "Or were you one of the lucky ones to be born here?" Of course, there are days she misses the fields of Astreas and the clear view of the constellations above her, but that is all in her past now (in another realm, even). This is her home now and she's not sure that she could go back to the world from before. She wonders if Po is similar in that he needed to make a journey elsewhere and it led him to this wondrous place.

"Speaking."

credits

@Ipomoea <3

Messages In This Thread
(fall) memories down our cheeks - by Ipomoea - 06-03-2020, 11:56 PM
RE: (fall) memories down our cheeks - by Corrdelia - 06-14-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: (fall) memories down our cheeks - by Ipomoea - 08-01-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: (fall) memories down our cheeks - by Corrdelia - 08-16-2020, 06:14 PM
RE: (fall) memories down our cheeks - by Ipomoea - 09-08-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: (fall) memories down our cheeks - by Corrdelia - 10-02-2020, 10:04 PM
RE: (fall) memories down our cheeks - by Ipomoea - 10-14-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: (fall) memories down our cheeks - by Corrdelia - 10-15-2020, 08:52 PM