Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [QUEST] hearts of gold

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

i'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
it's hard to say that i'd rather stay awake when i'm asleep
'cause everything is never as it seems

I didn't expect to have so much fun so far from home, but I'm glad that I am. I'm happy to have met this new friend Maret and started this adventure together. As much as I love my home, I feel like nothing as cool as this happens there. This is some kind of different magic that I've never seen there before. I wish Momma could see it too (I wish both of them could) and maybe they would be just as amazed too.

For now I'm okay sharing this moment with my new friend. Maybe I don't even need to share it with anyone else because it can be our own secret. It can be a memory we look back on and remind ourselves about later for nostalgia. At least now I'm living in this moment and I don't have to worry about much. There are no adults here to spoil our fun, which makes it even better.

It makes me happy to see Maret happy too, like maybe she needed this moment as much as I did. Her laughter is contagious and I can't help but laugh even more. Thankfully too, she agrees to follow the fireflies and then she challenges me to a race.

Oh, it's on.

I run as fast as I can and realize we're not alone. There is now a light horse running with us, only it's not exactly a horse, but a cluster of fireflies that makes it look like one. Maybe it's some kind of ghost following us? More start to appear the further in we run and it's like we're a part of their herd.

It feels amazing.

But we're all not racing for long. When a clearing appears, they stop and so I stop too. I'm not sure who exactly won because I'm too distracted. The grass is silver and something out of a dream. The firefly horses are now made of mist - there's a lot of mist all of a sudden. I don't know what sort of world we might've walked into but it's almost like we entered a portal. I look to Maret, fear starting to creep into me.

There is a mist foal that dances around us while others of its kind appear. I can hear whispers along the breeze but I can't understand what they're saying. Maret didn't hear anything before, but I nudge her now. "Do you hear that?" I ask, hoping she does so I don't feel like I'm going crazy.

The jumbled whispers start to sound more like actual words. I hear one say my name and it makes me jump, then one even sounds like Momma a little bit. I start to worry that I might've led us to something scary.

Then there is something about the way the mist foal looks at me. I can tell it wants to be my friend too and then I start to feel bad for it. This place seems kind of lonely for these spirits, so maybe they just don't normally have anyone to be their friend. Maybe all the voices are them being excited to see us.

I hope I'm not making the wrong decision.

"Maybe we should see what they want?" I ask Maret, but am ultimately deciding to follow them or try to befriend them. I don't know what we might be getting ourselves into, but the old man's words seem like a distant memory.

"Speaking."
credits

@Maret @Official Dawn Account
Maeve's decided to go forward and keep playing with the mist spirits!

Messages In This Thread
[QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 06-07-2020, 11:26 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 06-09-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 08-04-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 08-11-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 09-28-2020, 10:41 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 10-17-2020, 09:14 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 11-11-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 11-21-2020, 11:53 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 11-24-2020, 01:54 AM