Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [QUEST] hearts of gold

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

i'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
it's hard to say that i'd rather stay awake when i'm asleep
'cause everything is never as it seems

I'm thankful that Maret hears them too or else I really would've felt like I was going crazy. It's not often that - well actually I don't think I've ever met any ghosts before. Not until today and they seem a lot cooler than all the stories say. At least these spirits are young like us and just want to play. I don't mind making new friends, even if they aren't exactly like we are.

Maret slowly leaves my side to play with them as they crowd around us. At first, it doesn't bother me because I'm lost in their game and the fun. I'm laughing again and jumping around with all the baby ghosts. I find myself feeling lighter than ever, like any worry I had has gone away.

Then I look down and realize that my head isn't the only thing that's lighter- I can see through my body! When I look back up, all the color in the world is gone and I panic. My heart doesn't beat like it used to, if it's even there anymore at all. We were tricked. "Maret?! What's happening?" I call out for my friend, trying my best not to cry.

All the spirits have changed to real horses and it's like we've switched places. They thank us, but I don't feel like I've done them a favor. I feel cheated and hurt. They tricked us to get what they wanted… now I understand why that man told us to stay on the path. I feel completely responsible for leading us both here. I don't know what I'm going to tell Momma.

There is a small bit of hope as the grulla colt tells us to go to the Rapax river to reverse the curse. We have to be quick because we might lose our body forever. I look at Maret and we are about to head in that direction when something stops me. Following these spirits are what got us into this mess in the first place. How do we know what this guy is saying is true?

"Wait," I tell Maret before running (or rather, floating) back to the colt. I make a motion that's like stomping my feet and while he won't hear it, the smushed grass beneath me will show it along with my angry face.

"Hey!" I call out, my nose all scrunched up now when I reach him. "What you did was really mean. We were just trying to be your friends!" I don't understand how anyone could do such a thing. "You don't seem very true in spirit, so how do I know the river will actually help us? You took our bodies, give them back! Or I'll… I'll… I'll get my Momma to come here and she'll burn your forest down!" I make a loud hurrumph noise to emphasize just how upset I am. I'm normally not mad, but these guys were real jerks. Hopefully they're as scared of fire as I am or this might not work as well as I'm hoping.

"Speaking."
credits

@Maret @Official Dawn Account
Maeve has decided to chase after the spirit (very angrily)!

Messages In This Thread
[QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 06-07-2020, 11:26 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 06-09-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 08-04-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 08-11-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 09-28-2020, 10:41 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 10-17-2020, 09:14 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 11-11-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 11-21-2020, 11:53 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 11-24-2020, 01:54 AM