Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you would not believe your eyes [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

you would not believe your eyes
as ten million fireflies
lit up the world as i fell asleep

It's interesting to me that Momma was born already knowing how to dance. I wonder if I was born already knowing something. Nothing comes to mind, but maybe I don't know what it is yet? Or I already know how and it doesn't seem like a special kind of knowing. I think I might strain my brain if I try to think on this too much. At the least, maybe Momma's born-already-knowing will pass on to me from something. Dancing seems a lot less dangerous than fire too, so I wouldn't say no to it.

For now I guess I'll just keep trying. I'm a little sad that she doesn't think I'll get as good as her. I guess if I wasn't born knowing, then maybe I can't? I'd still like to try though. Maybe I can prove her wrong.

I watch as she gets further and further into the river. It makes my heart start to race as I watch the current lapping angrily at her legs. She's much bigger and stronger than me, so I'm feeling too nervous to follow. Still, there is that natural urge to follow her being my Momma and all.

"Where are you going?" I ask, hoping she's not having us travel by the river from this point on. I don't know if I would be able to keep up (or if the river would simply take me, never to be seen again). I can already feel my legs shaking from the nerves and I clench my teeth.

I want to prove to her that I'm good enough, but I don't know. There is a feeling in my gut that if I try to jump in, I won't be strong enough to handle the current. I've never seen such a thing before since I'm so used to the sea. I know the tide can be angry during storms, so I only ever pass through when the waves are calm and soft. This is something more like Momma Morr's anger- a rush of rage but the opposite of her element.

The fireflies drift away from me and I stand frozen from fear and confusion. I'm not sure what to do.

"Speaking."
credits

@"Al'Zahra" good job Mom of the Year lmao

Messages In This Thread
you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 10:38 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 06-11-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 06-17-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 07-01-2020, 05:49 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 07-08-2020, 12:43 AM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 08-03-2020, 04:52 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 08-11-2020, 06:34 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 08-20-2020, 10:51 PM