Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [QUEST] this heart I know

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Her running, her breathing, her heart, it only slows once she can no longer hear the voices whispering to her. She can still feel herself trembling. Underworld had told her once that her family, her compassion was her weakness, and she is reminded again with a harsh blow to the chest how true that statement was. “They weren't real,” she reminds herself, closing silver blue eyes for a moment.

The air presses around her and Elena thinks for a moment if it should grow any heavier her ribs may just splinter and break, crushing her heart and her lungs. (No breath, no heartbeat.) She remains pointed forwards, Elena was nothing without her irritatingly stubborn determination. It rests upon her like a shawl, but the golden sunshine girl is anything but comforted by its presence. She has never found much good from wandering through the forests. Tunnel had been her first monster within the trees, and Elena remains ready to face the next one, silver blue eyes search for it within the fog.

There is a moment where fear burns in her chest and she almost turns back (back to where?) because of it.

It is a slow drain, like the rising and lowering of tides, but Elena suddenly notices the mists moving, up, up, away from her, to the sky. Maybe this is the end of it, she thinks, she wants to believe. And the eyes upon her prove her otherwise.

The Terrastellan halts in her path as they press in around her. A mumbled word of fear falls from her lips. It is only when the mist evaporates that she realizes it is feathered creatures before her draped in shadows. They remind her of him, (that summer’s night, that cliff side afternoon) and she feels something whirling in her chest. He screeches at her and Elena’s ears fold back while the rest of her body freezes despite the warmth in the early autumn air. Shivers. Tremors.

She steadies herself.

And then they are all screaming, they block her path and Elena’s heart shakes inside her ribcage with fear and indecision. “Elena, you always run head first into things without thinking.” Elena smiles at the words of cousin, Alvaro. “You're right.” She says to the voice in her head. Elena has faced monsters, healed demons, the tricks and creatures of the forest do not scare her. And she launches herself forwards, with a battle cry determined to push the birds off her path. Elena would not let her fear end her path, she would not let it stop her from pushing onwards.

Choice: Errr Elena is scaring the birds by running towards them and screaming. :D Sensible.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Official Dawn Account

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
[QUEST] this heart I know - by Elena - 06-07-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: [QUEST] this heart I know - by Elena - 06-08-2020, 08:36 PM
RE: [QUEST] this heart I know - by Elena - 06-09-2020, 09:38 PM
RE: [QUEST] this heart I know - by Elena - 06-10-2020, 09:38 PM