Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - my stars dive lower

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Avallac'h

if the earth quakes down, buildings fall

He had made many journies in his life. Each one has revolved around the simple thought of getting somewhere else, but aside from that, each has differed greatly from the others.  For example: the reason.

After all, why had he traveled out of the reaches of Delumine, past the plains, and into the arid heat of the dunes?  His answer to the one who accompanied him back had been simple.  Curiosity.  It was an answer that disregarded the itching restlessness he felt in his limbs, behind his heart.  However, it hadn't been just simple curiosity.  This he came to realize on the way back, mind thinking over wanderers and what, possibly, made them different from those that merely wandered.

When he came to this realization, he wondered how one might explain to a stranger that, perhaps, the one thing he might be running from is himself.

An impossible task, never before done unless drastic actions had been taken and he was not capable of doing such things anymore—didn't want to do such things.  

Besides, he knew there was no running.  Not when he carried physical reminders, acted as he did because of the shame and guilt he carried. There was no running.  Not from the impending darkness, the cries, the blood—it came and devoured and greedily ate all that it wanted because it could and nothing was capable of stopping it.

Yet, he hoped.

Foolishly so, but he would continue until his last dying breath.  A thing that seemed all the more plausible from the exertion he subjected himself to, one that made his skin sweat and weary muscles strain.  He certainly wasn't the age he once was, but neither was he incompetent. The sand had still welcomed him like a long lost brother.  The grains had allowed him freedom of movement, never hindering or holding onto him in fear that he would never return.

A piece of him would always rest in such places, after all.  No matter what land, or how far he traveled from Dirtharest.  A piece of his battered, beaten heart would always lie there, dried and filled with specks of the very sand that had once caught flecks of his blood from a spar.

That had been so long ago.

Stop here, not a command, yet he treated it like one.

Coming to a graceful stop where he had walked off to the front of her, like the soldier he had once been he easily obeyed her words.  Turning his head, his body soon followed after it, slightly turning back towards her.

With the impromptu stop, he allowed himself to find some rest.  Taking in a deep inhale, he let it out as she spoke.  Watching the way she shook her head, his eyes not lingering on the scored marks near her lips, he merely shrugged.

It slightly escaped him as well.

However, her next remark is something Avallac'h knew the reason to quite well—intimately so.

It was a gift, something given to me by someone important.  It is a burden—my burden.

Instead, he says, "For appearance sake?  He kindly tosses back, content to linger in the plains for any amount of time.  "Besides, I would hate to appear indecent in front of you again.  Especially in such short of a time."  He gently joked, shaking his head at himself and letting out a faint tsk in disapproval.  "That is far from proper."

Even though he hardly knew her, as with everyone, Avallac'h was still capable of feeling comfortable.  Especially after their (at least in his mind) companionable silence.

At her question, his eyes turned in the direction of Delumine's border.

Letting out a thoughtful hum, he directed his gaze back towards her.  "I suppose.  After all, I have taken up more of your time than necessary.  It was a pleasure to be able to help, however, and I appreciate you allowing me to."  He expressed, features sincere because it had been his pleasure to help her.  No matter how big or small, all he ever wanted to do was help.

Looking at her for a moment, his worry resurfaces.  "Might I inquire as to what awaits you, Hälla?" He did not doubt her capabilities (never doubted anyone's unless there was a reason for him to) but it was only natural for him to ask such questions.

Did she have a plan?  An idea of where she would go?

"I know it is none of my concern but... will you be well?"  He carefully, daringly, asked with a kind tilt of his head.

Speech
@Hälla

Messages In This Thread
my stars dive lower - by Hälla - 06-17-2020, 01:03 PM
RE: my stars dive lower - by Avallac'h - 06-17-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: my stars dive lower - by Avallac'h - 06-19-2020, 03:58 PM
RE: my stars dive lower - by Avallac'h - 06-20-2020, 03:03 PM
RE: my stars dive lower - by Avallac'h - 06-22-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: my stars dive lower - by Avallac'h - 06-23-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: my stars dive lower - by Hälla - 06-18-2020, 11:50 PM
RE: my stars dive lower - by Hälla - 06-20-2020, 09:54 AM
RE: my stars dive lower - by Hälla - 06-22-2020, 09:16 AM