Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

Private  - thank you for the venom

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Layla [PM] Posts: 57 — Threads: 6
Signos: 55
Vagabond Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers] // 8 [Year 496 Winter] // 15.3 hh // Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 26 // Active Magic: Illusion // Bonded: Abraxia (Dragon)

I am the daydream, bring you faith and conviction
I am the nightmare you've been crawling through

She finds herself back to where it all started. The very shore she first met a woman of gray who turned out to be a kelpie. One who Lu pissed off so much that she was dragged down into the ocean and turned.

It feels like ages ago that she was someone else. A mere mortal with a broken wing who would never fly again. She was still trying to find a purpose in this new land and had just reunited with Abraxia. The dragon nuzzles her side now and she can feel her longing through their bond. She knows Lu is called to the sea now instead of the land or the sky, but unlike Lu, she misses the old days.

Back in their homeland, they would fly together and look down at the world below them. They both felt powerful then. Yes, there are some days Lu misses that too, but things are different now. She loves Abraxia with all her heart, but she's not sure if she would trade this new life for the old. The taste of blood is too sweet for that. She is a predator now who enjoys the thrill of the hunt. Surely the dragon must feel that too and can understand.

It only seems fitting that she finds Anandi here again. Not surprising at least, since they are near the outskirts of her Court. Maybe Lu came here on purpose, maybe it was their bond, maybe she will never know.

She remembers being pulled down into the ocean. She remembers her body being constricted and water filling her lungs.

She remembers being left to die.

As Lucinda approaches along the shoreline, Anandi's head is turned away from her and she notices a mark on the woman's neck. Maybe it had been hidden before by her mane, but her hair has fallen just enough to the side that it's visible. She knows Abraxia had tried to save Lu before and it had not been pretty. There's no doubt in her mind that it's a scar from that encounter. It makes her laugh.

"You will always remember this, won't you?" she asks, her voice sickly sweet. "When you left me in the sea… and now you have a horrid scar on your neck." Her laugh only gets louder at the irony of it all. Next to her, Abraxia watches with untrusting eyes. It's also fitting that Anandi is scarred, just as Lu bears the scars of her own past.

"Speaking."
credits

@Anandi <3

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 94 — Threads: 14
Signos: 825
Dusk Court Emissary
Female [she/her/hers] // 4 [Year 500 Winter] // 16 hh // Hth: 7 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 23 // Active Magic: N/A // Bonded: Anouk (Water Elemental)

I would beg to disagree
but begging disagrees with me
Anandi found herself coming back here often. It was not quite peaceful-- she seemed physically incapable of feeling peaceful-- but it was a space that encouraged contemplation. Here, on the same shore she first met and turned Lucinda, was the only place in Novus the kelpie allowed herself to reflect on the things she’s done.

It was never fun, self-reflection, so she was already in a nasty mood when Lucinda came swaggering in. Anandi lowers her ear at the sound of the black pegasus tramping down the beach, her blood pressure rising with every inch lost between them. “Lucinda,” she greets tartly, just before the goading begins. The other kelpie hits hard, fast, and dirty.

The scar is a soft spot for Anandi. Beautiful is the only title she had that could not be taken-- or so she thought. A sister could be disowned, a princess denounced, an emissary fired. But a beautiful girl, if she was careful, would grow into a beautiful woman. It was gift that not even time could take, for with her excellent genetics age would only refine youth’s features. But she had been reckless with this gift. She had attacked someone with a dragon that had attacked back, and she would forever be marked by this failure.

The shame was bad enough when it was Andi putting it on herself. To have another-- to have Lucinda, of all people-- call attention to it puts her on edge and a growl rises from deep in her chest. A warning, born of pure instinct. Most were wise enough to be fearful of the sound, but she knows if anything it will have the opposite effect on Lucinda. “Something crawl inside of you and die recently? Or are you just being a bitch for the fun of it?” Her teeth clench tight enough to shatter bone.

What,” She takes an aggressive step toward the pegasus, tail lashing out in agitation. “Do you want?

- - -
@Lucinda ;D

some say the loving and the devouring are all the same thing

Played by Offline Layla [PM] Posts: 57 — Threads: 6
Signos: 55
Vagabond Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers] // 8 [Year 496 Winter] // 15.3 hh // Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 26 // Active Magic: Illusion // Bonded: Abraxia (Dragon)

I am the daydream, bring you faith and conviction
I am the nightmare you've been crawling through

The way Anandi says her name makes her heart beat faster. It's the feeling of tensions rising and that adrenaline rush just before a fight. It's a confirmation that she's struck a nerve and she's not afraid to keep going. She wants to keep going.

And clearly, the scar is a very sensitive topic for the kelpie. Like a smudge or tear in a pretty painting, Anandi is scarred forever, just as Lu had been during the ambush of her kingdom. She will forever be imperfect- they both will.

"Ooohh, temper, temper," she taunts, leaning in closer to her. Do it, I dare you, she seems to say as she watches the way her face contorts the angrier she gets. Her eyes are more wild too and it's then that she notices their eyes are a similar shade of green.

"I want many things," Lu goes on to say, pausing as if to draw suspense. Her eyes glow almost to compete with Anandi's and she can feel Abraxia growing restless. "But, I'm not sure if I want them as much as you," she says, pretending to look concerned and begins to circle the kelpie. Yes, maybe she is being a bitch for the fun of it. Why shouldn't she? Has Anandi tried it?

"Do you wish you killed me? Do you wonder how it would've tasted?" Because Lucinda does. She wonders how it might feel if she killed another. Even as she stands here before the other mare, she wonders how it would feel to kill her. It's only the bond that stops her now.

Part of her hopes it's not enough to keep Anandi from fighting back. Part of her wants another go at it, this time when they're more evenly matched. She can hear the low growls of her dragon, but Lu silences her.

No, this time, she wants to do this alone.

"Speaking."
credits

@Anandi <3