Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - To and Fro

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline theAfanc [PM] Posts: 7 — Threads: 1
Signos: 640
Inactive Character

Peacock Feathers-Free Stock Image

As an entertainer, it was part of his job to read the subtle clues of the room and this guy was, well not exactly subtle.  His large ears were dead giveaways to the way he was feeling.  Radek made a mental note to not ever choose him for a partner in a gambling game.  "You're a bard!"  Radek smiled, a glint from the sun illuminating his eyes.  He dipped his head in a nod and a small bow, as if to say 'at your service'.  "YOUR SPEECH" 
"I would be honored to trade a few stories with you sometime, Radek, maybe during a winter respite, or - Maybe on a tour of your Court? I wouldn't mind a trek through the desert these days, with frost already threatening the morning dew. I'm no songbird myself, quite the opposite, really. Have you ever heard a mule try to sing? But I have had a few interesting adventures along the way. Maybe not the illustrious heights of 'heroics,' but I'm sure there's something worth incorporating among the lot."  Radek's eyes widened and his tail feathers flicked absentmindedly.  He was used to doing much of the talking but his memory was amazing and he sorted through the mule's words, hitting each point without missing a beat.  

"And I would be honoured to hear your stories.  Solterra is well known for staving off the colds of winter,"  He glanced up at the sky, and almost as if on cue, a chilling breeze swept through the open field.  "That would be lovely!  I did just leave there but you are correct.  The snow threatens to settle soon and I don't do well in the cold.  Bundling up and hiding by beauty under a cloak serves no one." He laughed heartily at Wilfur's comment.  "Unfortunately for my ears, I have heard many creatures attempt to regale me with song who...perhaps should not.  Like fighting or magic, song and word are skills that can be developed but some are just not cut out for it.  Of course that doesn't stop many from trying who perhaps should not.  One of the beauties of storytelling is the embellishments.  Perhaps you might not think your adventures grand, but by the time I am done with them, you will be a hero of legend, good Wilfur."

At Radek's mention of home, Wilfur's posture seemed to change dramatically.  He'd shifted on his feet, he almost lost height and his ears flicked showing his discomfort.  "Oh, I haven't been 'home,' in so long... I don't even think of it as that anymore. I think of home as something less tangible, something I carry inside myself, perhaps, though I'm sure my mother and friends would welcome me back if I ever found my way back to them. They were all very kind. We lived in a quiet pocket of countryside. Hmm... I wish I could give you better directions, other than north, since I know going north from here will run you straight into the sea, but somehow I got from there to here. It doesn't make much sense, I know, but maybe one day it will."

Radek didn't reply for a few moments.  He had traveled very far and wide in his attempt to gather stories.  But he'd never thought that there might be a land beyond the seas.  Perhaps some day he could venture out that far, if he could find a way to safely travel on the water.  Perhaps Wilfur might be able to recall how he came to Novus and share that knowledge.  But for now, Radek could tell he didn't want to talk about it.  It seemed like something had happened to start him on his quest away from home and unless his bland new friend wanted to offer that information, Radek wasn't one to push.  The stories he told were gifted to him rather then forcefully extracted.  Well it is good to hear that your family was kind and that your heart belongs on the road.  Travel can be quite lonely if it is not a choice.  But the open road calls to many and those who seek it's comforts can find many new friends."  He chuckled to himself.  Sometimes he was just so poetic he surprised himself.

But he thought again to change the subject if he was uncomfortable about discussing his origin.  
"So where are you headed to know?  Do you have a destination in mind?  I had just left home but had no appointments.  I was thinking of heading toward the Dawn Court to visit some friends, but I am impartial to my final destination."

[[Sorry it took so long :/  I accidentally closed my discord tab and didn't see your ]] || @Wilfur

Messages In This Thread
To and Fro - by Radek - 06-27-2020, 10:16 PM
RE: To and Fro - by Willfur - 07-02-2020, 08:58 AM
RE: To and Fro - by Radek - 07-02-2020, 07:09 PM
RE: To and Fro - by Willfur - 07-09-2020, 01:19 PM
RE: To and Fro - by Radek - 07-09-2020, 06:12 PM
RE: To and Fro - by Willfur - 08-03-2020, 09:43 AM
RE: To and Fro - by Radek - 08-08-2020, 11:46 AM
RE: To and Fro - by Willfur - 09-01-2020, 02:52 PM