Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - behind the glow [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

— the fire healer —

I was nervous to come here with all the fire involved, but Momma Morr insisted. She said it would be fun and I could make a wish for something. I didn't really understand why I needed fire to do that, but I also didn't like to argue much with her either. I wanted to make her proud too, so maybe if I tried to get over my fear, it would work out?

But when Momma had to leave to deal with some Regent stuff, I found the fear creeping back in. I didn't know what to do. Is there a way to light the lantern without getting so close to a flame?

I'm about to give up when a girl comes over. I think her name is Spara? Asparga? Something like that, but I know I've seen her around before. Momma told me she's the daughter of the lady with the dragon (I forget her name, but that's how I remember her). She comes over to me with a willingness to help and I breathe a sigh of relief.

As she lights the candle, it's as if the flame is giving me a judgmental gaze. For a small candle, the heat it gives off is quite strong and it makes me cringe. Then Spara compliments my lantern and it makes me forget for a moment. I look at it more closely and I remember why I picked it out. It reminds me of the kind of purple you see during a sunset and I thought it was pretty.

"Thank you!" I say with clear relief in my voice. "I like yours too." Her's reminds me of a bright blue sky with no clouds in sight.

Both our lanterns are lit now and ready to be set out across the lake. She tells me to make a wish and I close my eyes. I wish for… I wish for…

It takes me a moment, but I wish for courage.

When I open my eyes, it reminds me of the river with Zahra and the fireflies. My jaw drops at how breathtaking the sight is and I nudge Spara to look too. "So pretty!" I exclaim, all wide-eyed. I look around for Momma, but she must not be back yet. She's going to end up missing it all.

"What's your name? I'm Maeve," I say, admiring how pretty she is. She seems much older than me, but I hope I can grow to be as strong and confident as her.

"Speaking."
credits

@Aspara <3

Messages In This Thread
behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-02-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 07-08-2020, 04:50 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-18-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 07-19-2020, 11:39 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-25-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-31-2020, 05:30 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 08-05-2020, 08:22 PM