Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - behind the glow [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

— the fire healer —

When Aspara calls me courageous, it makes me smile even brighter. I never really thought to be, but if she says so, then I believe her. I just hope that I can keep it going, whatever it is that I'm doing right. Maybe she could teach me if we're able to hang out more? She could be my big sister and I could follow her around and learn all of the things. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

I realize just how much Aspara might need me as she talks about what she wished for. I knew that Isra left, but I didn't know them all very well. It sounds like her whole family had gone away on this trip and left her behind. But why? Did she not want to go with them? Either way, I can tell she's sad and worried. I press into her shoulder again to offer some form of comfort in case she needed it.

"That sounds hard," I reply after she tells me why they had left. I don't understand why she stayed behind for that, but for all I know it's because of what it takes to bring out light.

I can't help but laugh when she confesses that Momma Morr scares her. It's not news to me, that's for sure. "She scares me too," I say, but keep my voice low in case she's nearby to hear. "Mostly her fire."

I think back to my wish and why I want to be courageous. "Momma told me that magic can be passed down through the family…" I whisper since I definitely don't want anyone else to be hearing this. "I kind of hope they skip over me."

There are many I've met so far with cool magical powers, but unless I could get theirs instead, I don't know that I want any part of it. I've seen what Momma does and it scares me. It seems like too much of a burden. I don't know if Aspara has magic, but I hope maybe in some way she could understand and I don't feel silly for saying these things.

"Speaking."
credits

@Aspara <3

Messages In This Thread
behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-02-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 07-08-2020, 04:50 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-18-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 07-19-2020, 11:39 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-25-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-31-2020, 05:30 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 08-05-2020, 08:22 PM