Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - divinity stains like a pomegranate

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 35
Signos: 125
Inactive Character

divinity will stain your fingers and mouth like a pomegranate; it will swallow you whole and spit you out

We are opposites, I think. The fury is fire licking behind her irises; her rage is fire caught in the amber of her eyes. But where her anger boils and then flares, mine cools; I stare at her with a detached, predatory type of precision. A practiced, militant stare.

Our gates are open, but we don’t put up with just anyone’s bullshit. With that, I finish my drink with a deft motion. 

“Oh, I’m sorry Regent. Where I am from, offering to buy a woman a drink has never been a sign of disrespect.” 

There is nothing simmering within my tone; it is unabashedly innocent, and in that suave innocence, utterly condescending. I stand and step back from the bar as her cur begins to snarl.

“Don’t bother.” I say curtly, with a smile that shows too many teeth. I know the expression is an ugly one, devoid of mirth.  “I don’t waste my time fighting women. They’re too emotional for my taste. It isn’t a real challenge. Maybe another time, when you cool off a bit.” 

And to me, it is as simple as that. 

No matter her magic, no matter her status, she isn’t worth anything to me.

Not even the entertainment of a conversation. I excuse myself with that same dark, wicked smile and begin to part the crowd in the bar to the door, my glass empty. And if she follows me?

So be it. But first, she'll have to navigate Denocte's busy nighttime crowd as I slip deftly through. 

"Speech." ||  @Morrighan 

wine-dark and wanting. you will reach for it again and again, greedy human fingers clutching at everything you can reach. the divine will curl its way through your veins and take you over, and it will not leave you quietly. i feel divinity in my bones like aching; like fire.
CREDITS|| Avis

Messages In This Thread
RE: divinity stains like a pomegranate - by Morrighan - 07-10-2020, 07:13 PM
RE: divinity stains like a pomegranate - by Morrighan - 08-02-2020, 01:17 PM
RE: divinity stains like a pomegranate - by Morrighan - 09-01-2020, 09:04 PM
RE: divinity stains like a pomegranate - by Vercingtorix - 10-09-2020, 10:40 PM
RE: divinity stains like a pomegranate - by Morrighan - 10-24-2020, 09:10 PM