Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - see, the darkness (fall)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

M A E V E

- ✦ -

I
snuck away from the Dawn soldier for a moment. I know he's probably looking for me and is worried, but I don't care too much. I still don't know where Momma Zahra is, but these lands are far too pretty not to spend time exploring.

I've found a lot of trees and flowers. Something about this place is more fresh than home. We have the breeze from the sea, but this is different. It smells like damp earth and crisp leaves. It's more alive somehow and it feels like a dream.

I end up wandering to the meadow, but this is a different part of it I think. There's a weird formation of plants with long vines. It smells fruity almost and my eyes are wide with wonder. I notice there are small round fruits on these plants and I'm tempted to try one. Momma Morr told me once not to eat fruit off bushes and things though. She said that a lot of the ones that look the tastiest are poisonous, so I frown and step back. Maybe I can try them another time when I'm sure they're not going to kill me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a man with a splotchy pattern all over his body. He's leaning over one of the plants with his face in the vines. I start to walk over and see that his eyes are closed. I'm wondering if I shouldn't talk to him, but something tells me I should anyway.

"What are you doing?" I ask, trying to figure out why it looks like he has his ear up to the plants. They seem to be moving on their own as if they're reacting to his touch. "Are the plants saying something?" It does kind of look like he's listening to them. Maybe there's a language I don't know about but this guy knows it. It just makes me more curious (and confused).

§

she listens to wind secrets
and echoes of distant star songs

« r ; art » | @Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 07-24-2020, 07:22 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 07-24-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 08-09-2020, 12:21 AM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 08-27-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 09-15-2020, 09:31 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 09-28-2020, 10:47 PM