Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - see, the darkness (fall)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

M A E V E

- ✦ -

T
he man says that they're talking to him after all, but I look at him funny when he asks if I can hear them. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to, but I definitely don't hear anything besides our voices and the rustling of the leaves around us.

He gestures for me to get closer so I do. I take the spot where he was and try to listen, but there's still nothing. "I don't hear anything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?" I ask, feeling a little disappointed.

Suddenly, I notice that things around us are changing. It's like time has sped up, but it's only in this spot as the plants and fruit grow. My jaw drops and I just watch in awe. The fruit looks brighter and more… tasty?

I guess this isn't a totally crazy thought because he tells me that they're saying "eat me". I wonder why they would say such a thing since that means they're… dying kind of? Since we would be mashing them up with our teeth and swallowing them. What a weird magic this man has. Though, when I look around, the other vines don't look the same as these. Maybe this had been his magic too? I guess that's pretty cool.

He eats some of the fruit (are they berries?) and assures me they're safe to eat. I crinkle my nose at them for a moment, but he seems nice enough so I think it'll be okay. I try just one first and when the flavor bursts in my mouth, I jump a little.

"Wow! What are these? They taste so good!" I exclaim, my mind blown. "We don't have these back home." I've had apples before and those are good, but they're nothing like these. They have a sweeter flavor that I can't really explain.

I eat a few more before realizing I might be taking more than I should. I look at the man, feeling embarrassed. "Oh... sorry," I apologize, although it might be hard to understand me because my mouth is full. Once I swallow, I speak to him again. "Did you do that? Like, speed up time or whatever so they can be eaten?" I'm always fascinated by magic that others have (just as long as it's not fire).

§

she listens to wind secrets
and echoes of distant star songs

« r ; art » | @Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 07-24-2020, 07:22 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 07-24-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 08-09-2020, 12:21 AM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 08-27-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 09-15-2020, 09:31 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 09-28-2020, 10:47 PM