Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - see, the darkness (fall)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

M A E V E

- ✦ -

G
rapes? Wine? Grape juices? These are all such unique things I've never heard of before. One thing is for sure though, these sweet berries - grapes - are probably my new favorite thing ever. I wonder if there's a way I can stash them away and bring them back home to Momma so she can try them. I bet it'd blow her mind too.

The man says it's okay that I've eaten so many, so I follow his lead and eat a few more. I like how juicy they are and how they pop in my mouth. It's surprising to me that there are so many out here unless not many others know about this place. I feel like if they did, there would be many more sneaking away some of the fruit.

When he asks me if I came here with my parents, it makes me a little sad. I remember how much fun Momma Zahra and I were having by the river with the fireflies. She taught me dancing and wooing, but then I'm not sure what happened. I don't know if it had been something I did but she stepped into the river and left. She made a soldier walk me home and I thought maybe she'd catch up with us later, but I haven't seen her since.

"At first, yeah, with one of my Mommas," I say, looking down at my feet. I kick a little bit of grass out of nervousness. "She went somewhere and some soldier guy is bringing me home. Mister… uhh… well I forgot his name." In fact, I'm not even really sure where he is, now that I mention him. "I… may have snuck away from him once I saw this place." I feel a little embarrassed that I've been so careless, but I couldn't help it. This place is so pretty and I want to explore as much of it as I can before I go back home.

"My other Momma is back home in Denocte, she's the Regent." I say, always unsure whether I should be proud or embarrassed of this fact. I do love my Momma and it's cool that she's part of the regime, but she can be scary with her fire. I don't know what kind of reputation she has this far out.

I then realize up until this point, I haven't even introduced myself or learned this guy's name. Oops. "Oh! I'm Maeve by the way. What's your name?"

§

she listens to wind secrets
and echoes of distant star songs

« r ; art » | @Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 07-24-2020, 07:22 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 07-24-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 08-09-2020, 12:21 AM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 08-27-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 09-15-2020, 09:31 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 09-28-2020, 10:47 PM