Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - the universe is going to catch you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

SOME THINGS ARE MORE PURPOSEFUL THAN A KNIFE, BUT NOT MANY-

Florentine assures her that they do not share the same definition of “going easy” – but she informs her that she shares a definition with Asterion and goes on to recount a story of her brother giving her a black eye in some prior spar. Seraphina stiffens up, blinking. “Asterion?” Genuine surprise works its way into Seraphina’s tone. He gave you a black eye?” It doesn’t particularly suit Seraphina’s image of the man. She’s not sure that she can visualize him hitting his sister (or anyone else, really – though he seemed toothier, perhaps, when they’d met on the island, so she might have to reconsider that) hard enough to give her a black eye, intentionally or otherwise.

The truth of the matter is, she supposes, she doesn’t know much about either of the siblings. (She isn’t sure that she knows much about anyone.)

When she states that soreness is an acceptable metric for the usefulness of a spar, Florentine wrinkles up her nose. “There are far, far more enjoyable ways that this to end up a bit sore,” she says. Seraphina is, admittedly, only half-listening; she is primarily focused on planning her next attack. She chooses to pretend that she is not listening at all, but Florentine gives a little cough and apologizes.

Seraphina blinks at her wordlessly, one brow slightly arched, and then she is in motion again.

At some point, before she makes contact, she hears Florentine say, “I’m glad we never went to war, Sera,” and, as much as she agrees with the sentiment, she cannot help but think that Florentine would be far more of a force to be reckoned with in a fight if she could just stop talking. Still, she manages to avoid the brunt of her bite; her teeth catch around what she thinks is golden hair and flower petals, at the most, which does not prevent Florentine from letting out a yelp. (It is probably the kind of light graze that hurts more than it has any right to, but she doesn’t have time to think about it.)

For what it’s worth, her kick is well-timed, if clumsy; she doesn’t have the space or opportunity to avoid it, but she does manage to shift so that the rather erratic flailing of her hooves hits her across the leather breastplate of her armor, rather than anywhere more vulnerable. She certainly feels the hit, and she shoulders a wince, but the throbbing pain only lasts a moment.

In the brief seconds she spent recovering from her hit, Florentine has put space between them again. She stares at her, wide-eyed with worry. “I didn’t hurt you, did I?” Seraphina is touched by the sentiment, though faintly amused.

“I’m fine,” she says; at worst, she is likely bruised from the impact. After a moment, she adds, tentatively (though honestly), “You’ve done well.”

She is ill-accustomed to praising anyone and more than self-aware enough to recognize her own social inadequacy. She has never been good at being tender – she is not so sure that she has ever even been good at being kind.

She tries, regardless.

@Florentine || Sera's comments on Asterion are a little funny, considering their current thread. Also, I love how much longer your summaries are than mine.....your Power, Obsi...

"Speech!" || "Ereshkigal!"

@

Summary: Sera & Flora chat a bit; she grazes her lightly on the nape, and Flora takes the opportunity to kick her across the chest. The attack connects, but the brunt of it is taken by her armor. She assures Florentine that she is fine when she asks, & she compliments her a little bit, albeit awkwardly.

Attack Used: 0
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 1
Block(s) Left: 0
Item(s) Used: Armor

Response Deadline: 9/11, but take as long as you need
Tags: @Florentine, @Sid, @inkbone, @nestle, @layla

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
the universe is going to catch you - by Seraphina - 08-17-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: the universe is going to catch you - by Seraphina - 09-08-2020, 05:45 PM