Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - gods and mortals, whiskey and gems

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE

always one decision away from a totally different life
-- ♕ --

Florentine was not the only one to return. 

There is no missing the gold and heat of Israfel and her phoenix companion. Florentine, had she been in Terrastella, would have felt the creeping cold of a darkness that is missing a sun-woman’s light.

As it is, Florentine had not been back quite long enough to note how there was an empty chill to the Dusk Court. Yet she does notice how the square glows with the gold of the sun. Stood beneath the statue of Vespera and before the slew of gifts that litter the marble steps at the goddess’ feet, is Israfel. 

At first Florentine does not go to her, she simply watches with amethyst eyes, darkened with sadness and longing. Things have changed. She hears the clink of the mostly drunk bottle as the Regent places it upon the stone with the other offerings. Florentine hears too the slosh of amber liquid. 

Israfel’s words are between her and the Dusk goddess. Flora knows better than to listen to such a private exchange. Yet when Israfel turns at last, the once-queen steps forward from where she was stood. Purple petals brush a welcome across the Regent’s golden hair. “Israfel.” The fae-girl breathes. “Long time no see.” Florentine’s smile is lovely yet small as it softens the corner of her lips, happiness settling there like honey. “Your choice of offerings has changed, I have heard Vespera is partial to local made whiskey.” Her quip is light, tumbling as bells from her lips.  “I have missed you.” The girl breathes, I have missed so much here. The words sigh upon the wind, unspoken, yet full of deep longing. “What has changed?”

@Israfel
rallidae

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
gods and mortals, whiskey and gems - by Israfel - 08-23-2020, 10:48 AM
RE: gods and mortals, whiskey and gems - by Florentine - 08-25-2020, 04:26 PM