Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - for all the monsters

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

Elena Daray

let us live like flowers
drenched in sunlight

L
esson Six: At the end of the day, maintain honor.

“I highly doubt you will use most of these lessons, in your life, Elena.” The baritone voice of Malachi comes to her. “You are a healer, not a fighter.”

A healer.
Not a fighter.

And she thinks this as he falls against her, burying those knees into her hips. She thinks this when she reaches out with her teeth to snap onto him, but bites against only air, her teeth snapping together with a solid, ‘click.’ And she finds herself grateful. She is a healer, she stops the flow of the blood, she brings flesh back together, she soothes headaches and sores. She is not a fighter, she does not taste the copper of blood on her lips, she does not feel the break of bones beneath her own, and she does not listen for a grunt of pain or a cry of agony. So when she sees him run away from her bite, from her attack, she is grateful. When she sees his smile, she thinks, ‘his smile saved me.’

She tosses that golden head in the air, flaxen tresses sprawling for a moment across the snowy landscape. There is a laugh that purges from her lips, like she has been holding her breath this entire time, and only in joy can she truly breathe once more. The palomino darts forward, only to be halted by the steadiness of magic wrapped around her ankle. She turns to look at the plant, tethering her in place, and maybe it is his joy seeping into her, or purely her own bliss, but Elena laughs. The end of their battle has come. “Well fought,” she says, and blue eyes glisten like the ice of snowflakes when she turns to him. “Although, if you wanted to do friendship bracelets instead of spar, I wish you would have told me, might have saved me a few bruises come morning,” she says with laughter like lipstick and an impish glint lining her blue eyes. “Next time, then?” She asks. “I will be sure to bring you Dusk’s finest flowers.”

code by rallidae
picture by cannon

Summary: Elena tries to bite him, but he dodges, and she is weirdly happy about that because I guess, Elena doesn't actually understand battling. She makes to run after him, but his plant wraps around her ankle and she is stuck. Then she just kinda laughs.

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 1
Block(s) Left: 0
Item(s) Used: None

Response Deadline: If another response is needed, then 9/29 (but flexible, as discussed.)
Tags: @Ipomoea, @Sid, @inkbone, @nestle, @layla

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
for all the monsters - by Ipomoea - 08-27-2020, 12:07 AM
RE: for all the monsters - by Elena - 09-03-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: for all the monsters - by Ipomoea - 09-08-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: for all the monsters - by Elena - 09-12-2020, 06:57 PM
RE: for all the monsters - by Ipomoea - 09-20-2020, 11:36 PM
RE: for all the monsters - by Elena - 09-26-2020, 04:02 PM