Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Where There's Smoke

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Semper [PM] Posts: 8 — Threads: 3
Signos: 700
Inactive Character

someone said true love was dead

I
t wasn't long that I was alone in this wintery land of wonder before another being found it's way into my presence. I wasn't overly surprised, places like the one I had found myself always seemed to have some kind of visitor resting in the shadows for unexpecting victims. Flame tinged eyes turned as her greeting reached out over the snowy silence, a billow of steam rose from her mouth and her silvery appearance was almost enough to make one think that this creature had some sort of affiliation with dragons. "Hello." Although the greeting didn't give me much to go off of in terms of conversation, I was almost thankful for the simplicity of it. No questioning if I was lost, or looking for someone.

Just merely a greeting.

A curt nod bobbed my tarnished crown as I turned ever so slightly in the direction of the mare so it wouldn't appear that I was planning my escape so readily...even though I already had various different escape routes ready in case this silvery creature turned out to be a nightmare. I cleared my throat and allowed a smile to force it's way across my inky features before speaking my own greeting into the world. "Hello." The word hung in the cool air for a moment, I took in my newest acquaintance and noticed that the dragon-mare before me seemed to be carrying a child. Nothing more than a fetus at this point, but a child sooner rather than later. Her sides swelled with life, I had assisted in the birth of many a child, none of which had been mine own. That time was yet to come, there was much to learn before I thought about setting down with another and creating life. I blinked, pushing back the momentary thought of a family as my vocal chords began their dance once again.

"I am Torin. Are you from these parts?" I honestly wasn't quite sure if I meant the snowy wasteland we stood in now, which during my time here hadn't appeared to be a land owned by anyone. Or if I meant these strange lands I found myself in, the tall city walls and well established buildings that were so different from the modest home I had been raised in. I cleared my throat once again, finally allowing my eyes to drift to her sides momentarily, "Oh, and congratulations by the way." 

speech
« r » | « image » | tag; @Seraphina | words;410 | notes: bleh, i suck at writing now.

Messages In This Thread
Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 09-17-2020, 09:49 AM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 09-19-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 09-25-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 09-28-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 10-07-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 10-18-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 11-01-2020, 01:48 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 11-07-2020, 04:53 PM