Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Where There's Smoke

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Semper [PM] Posts: 8 — Threads: 3
Signos: 700
Inactive Character

someone said true love was dead

I
couldn't lie and say that there wasn't a bit of concern for the dragon mare who stood before me, her sides swollen with child, her voice seemed hard almost as she spoke out. But I couldn't place if the gruffness to her voice was just the way she spoke, like a singer in an old school bar that still allowed smoking within the four walls, or if it was due to the lack of use. Regardless, it was not my place, nor was it the correct time to speak up regarding my concerns, all I could do at this time was hope that we ran into each other again and my concerns would be quelled. My thoughts were shoved quickly into the recess of my mind as she introduced herself. "I'm Sera." A name that would be tucked away into my dusty and underused filing cabinet along with a mental image of her features, so hopefully the next time our paths crossed I would recall her face rather than having to ask her to remind me of her name like some fool. “and I’m not quite – from here, no. There is a desert kingdom to the east of these plains called Solterra; that is my homeland. Are you familiar with it?” I shook my head, a soft smirk tugging at the corners of my lips as I pondered momentarily over Sera's questioning on if I was familiar with her home.

"I'm almost embarrassed to say that I haven't quite left these plains." I cleared my throat before attempting to make eye contact with the dragon-like creature before me. "I uh, traveled a fair distance from the lands I called home in search of an opportunity to learn more about the less primative means of medicine." I allowed the words to hang there momentarily, wondering if my new acquaintance would know anything about where I could go about achieving my sole goal of residing in these parts. Something about her, maybe the hesitation in her "thank you" in response to my congratulations, led me to believe that this silver being had once been something much greater than someone's broodmare.

Brushing over her obvious discomfort over my congratulations I spoke up once more, keeping the topic neutral and on track of what it was that I wanted in these parts. "Does this...Solterra, have a doctor?"

speech
« r » | « image » | tag; @Seraphina | words;395 | notes: posting sucks when you're distracted by growling stomach

Messages In This Thread
Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 09-17-2020, 09:49 AM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 09-19-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 09-25-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 09-28-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 10-07-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 10-18-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 11-01-2020, 01:48 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 11-07-2020, 04:53 PM