Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - he would not ascend; he learned his lesson | party

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 35
Signos: 125
Inactive Character

they dredged icarus up from the sea today; wings bedraggled, tangled in the nets of those who tried to raise his body before. but he would not ascend; he learned his lesson.

I should not be so pleased by the way my presence unsettles her. She had made a mistake, I imagine, by showing me such vulnerability on the beach. I had a point of reference; a knowledge of her two extremes.This--her hardness, her displeasure--is in many ways a front, reserved for me. I wonder why she is surprised I am here; festivities are points of friction, information, significance. She does not look away from me; but I allow my eyes to wander, past her, into the crowd.

Adonai?

The name strikes me thoroughly; but I do not allow the surprise to register on my expression. I only raise my brows. “There are three Ieshan princes.” My lack of answer is answer in and of itself, and I know it. 

Since when do you impress anyone? I thought it was just a given for others to be impressed by you. 

I laugh at her sharpness; the flat tone of her voice, edged up as if a weapon. “No, Elena. I’m impressed by your new hardness.” There is nothing ingenuine in my tone. After all, I had been there for her transformation. My eyes are knowing, and hard; they are now everywhere but on the crowd. They are now solely on her. 

But rather than continue down an avenue of thinly veiled contempt, I decide to follow the route she is least expecting. I shrug, and admit honestly: “I try to impress those I know I don’t deserve. He is better than me.” 

« r » | @Elena

Messages In This Thread
RE: he would not ascend; he learned his lesson | party - by Vercingtorix - 09-19-2020, 10:21 PM