Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- All things sacred

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

the higher i get, the lower i'll sink,
i can't drown my demons,
they know how to swim

M
orrighan really hated the island.

Any time she came here, the landscape was different. Somehow, all its earlier forms were tame compared to what stood before them now. It took a lot to get her out of Denocte, so when Maeve said she wanted to explore the island like Morrighan did all those seasons ago, it was hard to say no.

It had been too late to turn back by the time she realized how much more dangerous this island is. There is something dark and sinister now like they are going into the home of a monster (or the island is the monster). Maeve hadn't been phased, but that was before they got separated.

What dim lighting they had was snuffed out and not even the moon could light their way. Morrighan could hear her daughter scream in the distance and she ran. She had no idea where she was going, but she tried to follow the screams as best she could. But then once she did come back into the light, Maeve was gone. Even when she called her name, there was no response.

This was all her fault.

So when the Regent comes upon the castle, she wonders if her daughter would find herself here. Although it's much different from Denocte, it would be the closest thing to home and she might feel the safest here. Hopefully her hunch is correct and something hadn't taken off with her daughter.

If anything happened to her… Morrighan would never forgive herself. Maeve is her world, her real purpose other than serving the Night Court. Her daughter would always come first no matter what, even before herself.

Bram brushes against his companion's side in an attempt to comfort her. She doesn't say anything to him, just keeps walking across the bone bridge and through the doors of the castle.

"Someone is here," the wolf says, nose in the air at first and then the floor. The Regent becomes hopeful, but as the pair follow the scent trail, it only leads them to a white unicorn. Still, they're a familiar face and gives Morr a small bit of relief.

"Aspara!" she calls and rushes over to the girl's side. It's always surprising to see just how much the girl has grown (perhaps "girl" isn't appropriate any longer, Aspara has already grown to be a mature woman). She remembers when the twins were young and running amuck with their wolves. Isra and Eik surely had their plate full with them then, but now here they are. Maeve has already developed quite a strong friendship with Aspara. Maybe she's the key to finding her.

There is no time for formalities or even asking why the mare would be here. All that matters is finding her daughter. "Have you seen Maeve? We were separated coming here… I've been trying to look for her since," she explains. It's clear how frantic she is in her voice and the way she has to catch her breath. She hopes maybe there's a chance they can find the girl and soon.

{ @Aspara "speaks" notes: text }
« r ; art »

Messages In This Thread
All things sacred - by Aspara - 10-03-2020, 01:54 PM
RE: All things sacred - by Morrighan - 10-08-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: All things sacred - by Aspara - 10-14-2020, 02:38 PM
RE: All things sacred - by Morrighan - 10-17-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: All things sacred - by Aspara - 10-29-2020, 06:32 PM
RE: All things sacred - by Morrighan - 11-01-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: All things sacred - by Aspara - 11-11-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: All things sacred - by Morrighan - 11-16-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: All things sacred - by Aspara - 11-25-2020, 06:18 PM