Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - (fire) fortunes and futures

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Semper [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 1
Signos: 15
Dawn Court Soldier
Male [He/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.3 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Eremurus

throw out the plans
live with no burden

T
he Court was thriving with the new life that the festivals of Spring brought along. It was a dawn of a new time, I couldn't help but chuckle at myself for that last thought. Punny was the right way to put it, even if I had been sitting on that joke since I learned how over the top this Court seemed to get with the fall of Winter. Thankfully, I hadn't yet spoken it out loud, or I might be stripped of my soldier title and rather be nothing more than a jester wandering through the halls with jingle bells attached to the tips of my ears. Hazel eyes rolled briefly to the back of my head as I thought of me being someone's dancing monkey rather than being able to throw my weight around. Luckily, it appeared that the children of the court thought I was too deep in my mind as they ran beneath me, their manes and tails tied up in braids and knots to hold the feathers so ornately I thought that there had to be magic in their mother's as they did them.
My own mothers hadn't been quite as involved, but then again as far as I knew it was just my brother and I who were born of their relationship. And I for one, was more likely to have war paint splattered across my body as I imagined it was the life blood of my enemies before I would allow someone to decorate my thick mane. A smile worked it's way across my face as I watched the children weave immaculately between the vendors and the bodies wandering the aisles. "Oh, excuse me!"My attention shifted away from the children who had weaved under me to the sunrise mare who was gracefully dodging the children, her elegance was on par with the children's quickness thankfully. I chuckled, thankful that she seemed to have a good grasp on what was going on around her, so I didn't have to go untangle her long graceful limbs from their long unruly ones today.
Before one could think, one of the vendors approached the graceful lady. I could not tell what words fell forth from his mouth, his silver star eyes stared blankly before turning and leading the lady into a draped tent. I struggled internally momentarily, wondering if I should follow suit and make sure that the star eyed being wasn't one with ill intent, as the festivals were an ideal time for some malicious actions...there were too many around for someone to notice one had gone missing in the midst of everything. Or if I should just continue on my way, and pray to whoever was listening today that the lady would be safe in the presence of the fortune teller. I grumbled to myself, knowing that I couldn't just walk away, mostly on account of it being my duty to make sure the creatures of the Court stay safe, especially when there were so many new faces traipsing through our walls.
Heavily feathered wings pulled in tighter as I pushed my way through the gold and red painted drapes that were hung so haphazardly from the sticks forming the tent's walls. Smoke filled the room as I entered, the smell of incense filled my nostrils and I almost stepped back out of the dimly lit tent, but then she turned around and offered a smile. "Have you come to learn about the future as well?" I returned the smile, deciding quickly I should feign interest in the fortune telling rather than admitting I was unsure of the trustworthiness of the creature who owned the smoke filled tent. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to be prepared to see what the stars hold.." Clearing my throat I allowed myself to step further into the tent until I was standing alongside the winged mare, just as she spoke up once more, this time questioning me about the cards that were now face up before her.
"What do you think it means?" My easy laugh filled the air as I glanced over at the awe-struck mare, "Maybe it's a sign you should let me take you to the festival of fire tonight?"

"speech"
code by ralli | @Solstice | Words; 710 | Notes; he's a tool I'm sorry xD

Messages In This Thread
(fire) fortunes and futures - by Solstice - 10-13-2020, 04:38 AM
RE: (fire) fortunes and futures - by Eremurus - 10-14-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: (fire) fortunes and futures - by Solstice - 10-17-2020, 03:15 PM
RE: (fire) fortunes and futures - by Eremurus - 11-01-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: (fire) fortunes and futures - by Solstice - 11-04-2020, 06:57 AM