Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the wild unknown [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

she has something of her own,
something suffered, accomplished, perfected.
I had always been wary of divination and prophecy. I blamed this, in part, on the many stories I read as a girl (when my parents left, I became a voracious reader). In them, the main characters were always just playing out their fate- or else it was the opposite, and they burst dramatically from the rails of destiny to swing in the opposite direction. It was… uninspiring. I didn’t want to believe that everything in life was predetermined and thus bound to be followed or vehemently opposed; to be so black and white took the magic out of things, the mystery.

In short: I was determined to find my own truth, and I did not think it would be found in stars or cards or tea leaves. But it was harmless fun, so I followed along willingly as Maeve led me through the festival. There was something different about her that evening, a kind of rebellious streak I did not often see in her. At the time, I figured she was just becoming a teenager, and I could not blame her for it- I knew the tumult of that age well enough.

I giggled at her seriousness as she intones “Let me tell your future!” And proceeds to make a complete mess of the shuffling. At first I didn’t see the card that fell from the pile, for I had turned to look behind me, certain someone would be upset at our impromptu card reading. But nobody seemed bothered at all; nobody even looked our way.

Only when I turned back to Maeve did my glance fall upon the death card. I blinked and drew closer, studying the artwork and the lines. “Well, that doesn’t seem good.” My lips tilted upward into a sly smile. “And here I planned on living forever.” This was absolutely not true, of course, but I needed some way to deflect that strange discomfort the card gave me.

"Speaking."

@Maeve <3

Messages In This Thread
the wild unknown [fire] - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 05:08 PM
RE: the wild unknown [fire] - by Aspara - 11-30-2020, 12:35 PM
RE: the wild unknown [fire] - by Maeve - 12-13-2020, 08:34 PM