Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in my field of paper flowers [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 123 — Threads: 14
Signos: 520
Inactive Character

some memories never leave your bones.
like the salt in the sea; they become a part of you
- you carry them.

Leonidas knows nothing of the way society expects boys to be handsome and girls to be beautiful. He would not mind if he was deemed beautiful instead of handsome. A tiger was beautiful, made even more so by its savage uncompromising danger. Even as it took a life between it’s unyielding jaws, Leonidas still thought it was beautiful. 

The girl watches a bird within a tree as it builds its nest. It pays the horses no heed, too absorbed in its task. All across Novus Leonidas had seen spring birds returning from their migrations and falling into pairs. The warm spring-wood was more alive than it had been through its skeletal winter. Leonidas delighted in the summer rains. 

Tipping his head back toward the girl, his long ears twitch. Home. He thinks on the word, his understanding of it had changed. Yet even then he thinks his understanding of home is different to hers. At first, home, for him, had been his wild wood and wherever he chose to lay his head. Then, his uncle had told him that home is wherever his family is. Frowning, the boy asks with a voice deep, befitting his growing body, “You have not left your family before?” All Leonidas has known is leaving his family and the return of his twin who watched him with his eyes and made them feel so unfamiliar. 

The girl lifts a cat up to her back and smiles as it kneads along her spine. “Luna,” Leonidas murmurs back and does not understand how the girl and her cat are named after celestial patterns and bodies. The name just sounds pretty upon his tongue.

((~ Good gracious my muse is GONE. Please forgive this terrible, terrible post.))

@Solstice
“Speaking.”
credits

Messages In This Thread
in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 11-07-2020, 03:36 PM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 11-12-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Leonidas - 11-19-2020, 08:11 AM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 11-20-2020, 06:17 AM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 12-10-2020, 07:39 AM