Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in my field of paper flowers [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 123 — Threads: 14
Signos: 520
Inactive Character

some memories never leave your bones.
like the salt in the sea; they become a part of you
- you carry them.

She is too new and he is too forgotten and wild to build up family here. He shrugs, “i don’t know.” He whispers, busying himself with inspecting a tulip’s opening petals. “I do not have a family either.” Leonidas murmurs and does not know how his answer is an insult. He has a mother, a father, a sister, an uncle, a grandfather, a grandmother… they all exist, they all are somewhere. 

But they all left him. 

And Leonidas grew up forgetting. Love became a thin layer of dust over the memories of his family. It became a lost thing, like myths. 

She has no family, has never known such. The wildling boy has merely forgotten his, become so tangled up in his own sorrow and loneliness he has left no space for remembering and loving. 

A blush runs warm as sunlight across her cheek. Her lips paint a small, shy smile upon her lips. He gazes at it and wonders what beauty of the woods compares to this. A waterfall with its diamond waters struck through with sunlight? A bluebell carpet within a springtime thicket? The creeping of dawn light, falling as rays through the pillars of trees?

There is nothing beautiful like company, the boy is quickly learning. Nothing more beautiful than the real smiles of those who laugh and smile, with him and at him and for him. Adulthood has nearly changed the colt from boy to man, nearly, nearly. But there is nothing in the way he gazes at her with wide, warm eyes. He is every part a youth, learning his place in the world.

“I think it would be nice,” Leonidas whispers at last, “to return home to a family.”

@Solstice
“Speaking.”
credits

Messages In This Thread
in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 11-07-2020, 03:36 PM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 11-12-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 11-20-2020, 06:17 AM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Leonidas - 12-09-2020, 05:20 AM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 12-10-2020, 07:39 AM