Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - here in the garden

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Solstice

S O L S T I C E
and at last i see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted
There is a warmth and a peace which washes over her while standing beside Ipomoea. It is a feeling she will miss, when he leaves this place to move on to whatever came next for him. Rumors had reached her that he would be departing Delumine, and she for one, would be sad to see him go. But still, she understood the need for change, even as she saw the way the flowers reached to him, as if begging her to stay. Solstice knows though, that it is not her place to council the king on her own beliefs – so she does not mention any regret at his leaving. Instead, she nods graciously to his suggestion and affirmation that she should heal, shock and surprised pleasure crossing her face as he adds the added weight of responsibility.

“Champion of Healing? Are you sure? I mean… I would be honored, certainly.” She pushes away the doubt, standing a bit straighter, as if accepting the burden of challenge. If anything, the title would push her to do her best, would remind her of the weight her contribution would give to the Court. It would be the boon to keep her moving forward, to share her knowledge with others, to build their ranks to support the health of their nature. It would give her purpose, and for that, she smiled with grateful acceptance.

“Do you have any advice? I haven’t ever been champion of anything before… no one has ever asked for me to lead.” In truth, it wasn’t that Solstice didn’t have leadership capacity, only that she had been hidden away for so long, she’d begun to believe her influence didn’t matter. Here, it could. The thought of it blossomed within her, as more than ever, the Sovereign reassured her belonging and acceptance in this place. Her home.

For it was now, more a home than anywhere she’d come to know before. Here, she had found her peace and her purposes. Here, she was building a better future – one bright with hope and promise. “I won’t let you down” she whispered quietly, for only the king to hear, as she bows her head and lets his flowers reach toward her, brushing against her as the sallow sunlight warmed them with summer’s light.

― @Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
here in the garden - by Solstice - 11-21-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: here in the garden - by Ipomoea - 11-30-2020, 02:27 AM
RE: here in the garden - by Solstice - 12-04-2020, 03:35 AM
RE: here in the garden - by Ipomoea - 12-10-2020, 01:19 PM
RE: here in the garden - by Solstice - 12-27-2020, 07:53 AM