Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Atonement

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

The boy called Pan trudged back up the mountain, his heart heavy with guilt and seeking atonement.  He wasn’t sure what to expect.  Some gods were ripe with mercy, and loved their followers like children.  Others ruled with fire and brimstone, caring very little for the going ons of mortals and showing as little compassion as a child ripping the wings off of a house fly.  Pan was hoping for the previous, of course, when it came to Oriens.  He hoped that the god would understand the error of his ways.  After all, no one had told Pan he was to follow Oriens as a member of the dawn court, until now.  How would he know, if not for Kasil and Florentine telling him so?

Inkheart had made a passionate argument for why he should follow Solis, and he’d followed as blindly as a sheep.  Swallowing the guilt once more as he neared the top of the hill, the boy faced toward the east – toward the place where the sun would rise.  Oriens was the god of the Dawn, so he could only assume that he lived on the eastern side of the mountain.  ”Oriens?  It’s me… Pan.”  His question was met only with the whisper of the wind.  It caressed him, calming him and soothing him as he drew a steadying breath.  Stepping closer toward the east, he fought to make his allegiance known.

”Last time when I was here, I prayed to Solis.  I didn’t know… I didn’t know that you were our god.  But now I do, and I want to let you know that I will follow you above the others… Promise.”  His plea was given with a gentleness and the innocence of a child, and wide eyed, he waited to see if the god of Dawn would flay him here on the mountain.  After all, it was likely that this is what he deserved for following false idols.  Perhaps then, this is why Solis never showed when he asked.

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

@Oriens

Messages In This Thread
Atonement - by Pan - 08-12-2017, 04:01 AM
RE: Atonement - by Pan - 08-20-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Atonement - by inkbone - 08-21-2017, 11:51 PM