Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - Light up the night [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

What a contrast the two of them make. Both are creations of the night sky, but one bears the golden light of a halo while the other glows like the steady blue of the moon. Heavenly bodies colliding in the form of gentle lights that dance between the two of them.

The question causes Cicatrix to lower their head from their stargazing, gently sliding their tongue against the inside of their teeth to hold the shimmering blue from leaking between the front at least. Instead, it runs in delicate rivulets from between the sharp teeth behind their front, gleaming and dripping to the ground under them, the shimmer fading rapidly as it sinks down into the soil. "My homeland?" It's been a long time since they've been asked such a thing. Before they can answer, however they are gifted the story of Azrael's home, and they listen with a slightly tilted head, showing their interest with small motions while their wings cup their sides. The sweep of their tail is quieted as it wraps around a hind leg, twisting down to the hoof where the strands tangle along golden dew claws.

Losing one's home is never easy, they know. They've seen many a fall of a home through their years, and can only solemnly nod toward their compatriot. "It's never easy to lose a home," they utter, and carefully, a front hoof flicks through dark grasses, turning their head away a moment. "It sounds beautiful, like my home." They begin to finally reveal at least a small fraction of their past.

"Sometimes it's hard to remember where I come from, it's been so long. But I remember the dusting of colors in the sky, the galaxies that shimmered and danced and gave way to beautiful stars at night. I did not have biological parents that I could recall, but I remember the ones that adopted me, and the home they showed me. Buildings of gold and white, vendors in streets selling beautiful trinkets..." The words trail a little, and Cicatrix draws in a breath to let it out in a soft huff of laughter. "It's a place that I remember the stars from, and it's so very far from here. But I've seen many places and many night skies before coming here. It's just as beautiful here as home, though. I know my home is long gone, but I am hoping to at least find a place to call home here." Their ears twist under their cloak, before releasing a soft breath as their head drops a little, just slightly.

"When you live as long as I have, you learn that things come and go, but it is all beautiful, and to appreciate what you had before, and what you have now. I think I would have liked to see your home, it sounds incredible." The smile is at least in their voice, tender and soft, and they slowly gaze back up to the stars. "Sometimes, however, I wonder if I will become one of the stars above, and see the world so far below. To dance with the celestials and enjoy the eternity that they offer." It would not happen for a long time, but it's something they can at least hold on to and believe.

@Azrael

Messages In This Thread
Light up the night [summer] - by Azrael - 12-07-2020, 09:46 AM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Cicatrix - 12-08-2020, 04:23 AM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Azrael - 12-08-2020, 06:07 AM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Cicatrix - 12-08-2020, 06:41 PM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Azrael - 12-10-2020, 04:42 AM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Cicatrix - 12-25-2020, 05:50 PM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Azrael - 01-03-2021, 03:01 PM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Cicatrix - 01-03-2021, 09:46 PM