Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - drink down that gin and kerosene;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

A S P A R A

I know, objectively, that it all happened so quickly, but in my memory everything was slowed down, every moment stretched out. I felt my hooves meet his hip, then sink deeper into the skin. I noticed the way his weight sunk into his shoulders, shifting forward- preparing to buck. I did not want to be in the position I was in, yet I seemingly did not have many options… so I did a strange thing then, or maybe it just felt strange because I had never done anything like it. I pushed off of his side with my front hooves and I twisted to my left, away from him.

I was not fast enough. Again. His hooves struck my belly, but not directly. Because of the way I had approached, cutting in from the side, I was not directly behind him to begin with. Then, I had created some additional distance between us by twisting away from him. But it was too little, too late, and one of his hooves scraped me from the bottom of my belly to the side of my barrel.

And that was that, the fight was over in a matter of minutes. My sides ached and my belly heaved and my heart hammered. I probably should have checked my wounds, pressed a touch into the bruised skin to make sure nothing was broken beneath, but all I could think was that I needed to be faster next time. Smarter. Stronger. Better. I was not ashamed of my performance, but I was not pleased either- it was the start of a long relationship with discontent.

August turned to face me and I blinked at him in the golden morning light. I had watched spars before, so I knew we were at the time where if the fighters got along, they would say something like “well fought” or joke with each other as they walked off the ring together. We weren’t friends to start with, and the spar hadn’t made us so… but I thought, maybe, we could be one day. Regardless of how this all played out.

I lifted August’s sword, which was on the ground near me, and offered it to him. It was heavier than I anticipated, and it wavered lightly in my grip. “For next time.” I felt suddenly shy when my stormy eyes met his silver, and I looked away with a small, sheepish smile.

art

Summary: After Aspara strikes August, she uses her hooves on his side to push off and twist away from him. He still manages to clip her belly, but most of the damage is avoided. Introspection happens. She picks up his sword and offers it to him.

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 1
Block(s) Left: 0
Item(s) Used: N/A

Response Deadline: 12/26
Tags: @August, @Sid, @inkbone, @nestle, @layla

Messages In This Thread
drink down that gin and kerosene; - by August - 12-08-2020, 12:44 PM
RE: drink down that gin and kerosene; - by Aspara - 12-11-2020, 05:47 PM
RE: drink down that gin and kerosene; - by August - 12-14-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: drink down that gin and kerosene; - by Aspara - 12-17-2020, 11:21 PM