Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - open my chest, color my spine

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Atlas

atlas,
i hope you know where you're going, but you're just as lost as me
you walk with such conviction and I'm eyes-closed following

The plains, the night, the day, and all of life itself, little bird. All of it was large, frightening, and dangerous; but spell-binding and beautiful, too, like a carnivore with pearly white teeth. There could be snakes in these grasses, with hinged jaw and venomous fang, or perhaps a panther trolling about in the summer’s night, seeking an unsuspecting creature like her, slim of limb and quick to trust.

Atlas was no danger, to anyone save, perhaps, his own self. He offers a soft smile at the waver in her voice. “Not silly at all, for I often find myself wandering with no end goal in mind.” There is a fouling in his heart that his strange, unwarranted feelings of protection have seemed to cast a shadow on this young lady’s mind. “Forgive me, I did not mean to cause concern. I am merely prone to it.” He laughed a bit at himself, raw and awkward. “If it were up to me everyone would be safe and happy at home in bed. But how can I expect others to share a mindset I, myself, do not have?”

He listened to her tale of coming to Novus and nodded. He, too, was once a stranger in this land, but where he had come to take the title of Scholar of Dusk, he had never truly remained there. It had simply been where he’d landed, years ago, scared and hurt; but now his wounds were closed-up scars and he felt more comfortable. “Not having a home to call one’s own is as good a reason to wander as any. Where do you come from, if I may be so bold?” It was calmly worded as they continued their trek through the comfortably warm night.

@Willoughby | "Speech."

Messages In This Thread
open my chest, color my spine - by Willoughby - 12-26-2020, 10:22 PM
RE: open my chest, color my spine - by Atlas - 12-27-2020, 05:52 PM
RE: open my chest, color my spine - by Willoughby - 12-27-2020, 06:00 PM
RE: open my chest, color my spine - by Willoughby - 01-01-2021, 04:32 PM
RE: open my chest, color my spine - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 04:12 PM
RE: open my chest, color my spine - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 07:31 PM
RE: open my chest, color my spine - by Willoughby - 01-01-2021, 07:40 PM
RE: open my chest, color my spine - by Willoughby - 01-03-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: open my chest, color my spine - by Willoughby - 01-06-2021, 11:45 AM
RE: open my chest, color my spine - by Willoughby - 01-16-2021, 07:43 PM