Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - from the morning rays [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Cass [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Seir

How long had he been gone? How long had he been shrouded in that neverending darkness where the screams of the ancients could be heard? The poisonous inkiness that had seeped into the Viride had not only changed the woods, but him as well. Their whispers had slowly transitioned into wailing, their cries echoing about in his skull before he was sucked into despair with them. If only he’d known it was with the union and creation of the feral children that had caused such a thing, he would’ve shown his face much sooner.

Now, it seemed, the darkness had slightly lifted, revealing light to the godling once more, encouraging him to claw his way to the surface. Hope bloomed in his frightened heart as he witnessed what he’d become; permanently stained by the darkness.
Ivory bone glinted in the lowlight as the stallion tucked his newly discovered wings close to his body, sheltering himself from what was to come. Rumors of the king’s disappearance echoed throughout Delumine, the ancient’s whispering growing louder with each passing moment, traveling from one entity to the next.

Could it be? the godling’s voice echoed around in his empty skull, startling him. It had been so long since he’d heard his own thoughts - or even thought them, for that matter.

Legs carry him faithfully through the lands of Delumine, his masked face moved about, analyzing every piece of his former home - every change. It had been too long since he’d witnessed the beauty of the Dawn Court and his heart ached with longing as he neared the capitol.

Flowing easily down the streets of the city, the godling simply allowed the crowd to carry him towards the center of chaos. But, as he grew closer, he noticed the otherworldly glow that emanated from the spot where Orien’s statue had stood. Tilting his now covered face, the stallion gasped at the sight before him.

Quickly, he fell to his knees, overwhelmed by the scene. Tears build in his hidden eyes. Emotion flooded through him as he recalled all he’d endured over the last few seasons of his long life. The betrayal and heartache, the brutality shown to the forest and the ancients - it had been so much pain. Now, his god stood before him, wiping the slate clean and offering up the throne once more.

Perhaps it was foolish to think he should step forward, to at least offer himself and his service up to the god. Did he dare?

Stepping forward, the godling opened his heart and mind, allowing everything to spill out to Oriens - every hurt, every ambition, every thought. He exposed it all as his voice carried across the clearing, foreign, yet the same old soul he’d always been; tainted by the decay that had plagued Delumine.

“Oriens, I am here, I have returned, I have felt the sickness of the Viride and I offer myself to help Delumine heal, to be a mediator between the decay and the new life that will bloom in the future…”

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
Cass!

Great! How old are you?

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
Over the past 9 years of writing, I have held positions of power. The only thing that sometimes I don’t love are strict activity requirements but given everyone on Novus is an adult and knows how taxing real life can be, I’m not worried about it!
I have had a regent on Novus so I am aware of the requirements and responsibilities :)

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Yes

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
I’ve been on Novus off and on, for the better part of two years now. I absolutely adore this site and everyone on it. I love how everyone is more into character development instead of pretty art, etc. I love that the cultures are so developed here and everyone holds their writing to the highest standard and there is freedom to write with everyone everywhere!

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead Delumine?
Seir has been regent in Delumine. He’s lived in Viride and has a close relationship with nature and the trees. Seir is immortal and has lived many lives, he’s seen everything and knows the importance of patience, knowledge and wisdom. Seir has been faithful to Oriens but disappeared for some time due to several different circumstances. He is aware of everything that happened and wants Delumine to thrive once more.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
First things first would be to establish a regime and make sure we have champions. Then, Delumine would begin a process of healing, literally and metaphorically. I have a plot idea that the magic being used poisoned the Viride and the citizens of Dawn and partake in healing their home and their hearts. It will be great for realm development and building relationships, for awhile it’ll be important for positivity and to gain allies. Dawn may be quiet for awhile as they do this but then I’d plan to have events to bring in other realms and show off the newly restored forest that makes Delumine unique.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Win or lose, Seir and I are back to help out the Dawn court in whatever way we can! This court has always held my heart! <3

[Image: d76m7ty-c3d3b9e6-f9f9-4b8f-b85a-482e77b8...uNXpWjcHAk]
Sing me a lullaby of wolves and woods.
~
All interactions but maiming and death allowed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: from the morning rays [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: from the morning rays [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Seir - 01-08-2021, 05:26 PM