Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

The mountains are a place of solace, one that Cicatrix tends to gravitate towards on most nights in order to crane their head back and gaze up to the stars above. Even with the halo of golden light casting shadows from their tall frame, they can still see the shine of stars above and how they glimmer and sometimes streak across the otherwise inky blue black of the cosmos as a backdrop. It is a place to learn and to count the constellations that teem above them, marking the skies and helping others navigate wherever they may be in the lands.

Tonight is different, however. There is a streak that does not belong, a heavy cloud mass racing as if possessed. A phenomenon they have never experienced, but were oh so thrilled to be a part of. Suddenly, they have a thrill of excitement, and golden hooves press down, pivoting their titanic frame as they follow the formation with their wings beginning to open. Yet, they did not have to fly, not just yet. Instead, they watched as the star came down to the earth and settled, and only then did they move. They were lucky, enough to catch the melting of a statue that someone had claimed was Caligo, their deity. Their court goddess that Cicatrix wanted to learn so much about.

Imagine now, their heart clenching, as they see her come to life in front of them. She's gone so quickly that they startle: it's the first time in decades -- centuries -- that someone has managed to shock them, and their wings unfurl, a screaming curiosity and slamming heartbeat begging to talk. Begging to know what it was like for another demi-god to exist. What she did, where she came from.

Thin membranes unfurl and golden accented feathers ruffle as Cicatrix takes off to the skies, heading for the Court itself with their chest aching, fit to burst. They have not been made aware of the recent tragedies, so they land oh so carefully with soft clicks of golden hooves, and then straighten up. The curl of their gut is sudden as they hear the mare speak, and suddenly, there is a lack of explanation. Cicatrix is silent, contemplating, and there would be a furrow of the brow if such a thing would happen on such a blank face.

Instead, they step forward, wings folding down and inward. Were they fit for such a position? They didn't know, but there was no harm in extending an offer of what they could do. "I am Cicatrix, and I come to offer myself to this Court. I will not be so arrogant as to claim that I would be a perfect fit, only that I know that this is a place I belong. A place I feel is... home, if there is such a thing anymore." Their words are strong, for someone that is uncertain as to if they belong in this position. But they want to try and offer. They had been taken down once before, it would be no surprise to be taken down again.

They are an outsider, but one that has the drive to make their way up ranks. Everything about this place is... curious. They enjoy it, they want more of it, and they have never felt such a pull of power here. A pull of a position they had never really considered, too busy in the past with their wandering.

good luck everyone !! i am stoked to see the other auditions ( also someone stop me from auditioning araxes too )

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
Kai or Jek, take your pick c:

Great! How old are you?
30 !

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
Offsite, I've had plenty of positions of power over the years. I rather enjoyed how it brought my characters closer to their herd, as well as the other rp'ers! I didn't much like the OOC drama that came along with it at times, but it's something I work hard to not allow.

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Yes

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
Listen I love Novus and have been around since the start of it those years ago. I might have vanished from time to time but I always end up coming back, and it's the draw of this place. The community and lore. Everything.

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead Denocte?
Despite the IC part of this, I feel like Cicatrix would be a good candidate, despite being brand new to the Court. They're willing to learn, are thirsty for all knowledge, and they want to teach all of Denocte as much as they can, as well as strive toward gaining more knowledge and alliances with other Courts. Cicatrix is a good candidate in the fact they are open and willing to listen to the entirety of the Court and its denizens, taking each member into consideration, and wanting to learn from them. Alienation is not in their nature, so they will also strive to ensure the Court gets along and will be one whole, rather than divided.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
Cicatrix's first goal would be to get Denocte together once more. To ensure ties and bonds with each other before reaching out toward the other Courts. They want to make sure Denocte is welcoming and warm, despite the nature of night itself. Their rules would be fairly simple, with nothing too strict. Once settling the Court, they will begin meeting the other Courts and their regimes, and learn from them and attempt to forge alliances if they can. Any event held for their coronation would likely be placed under a Solstice time-wise ( despite the actual solstice being past ) so they can have a party under the stars for their coronation. It would also serve as a way to get to know the other members of the Court as well !

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Nope, love you all here on Novus <33

Messages In This Thread
RE: from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Cicatrix - 12-30-2020, 07:39 AM
RE: from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Ira - 01-05-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Kassandra - 01-10-2021, 07:13 PM