Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kai [PM] Posts: 2 — Threads: 0
Signos: 250
OOC Account

BE YOURSELF
is all that you can be

How long has it been since she's touched these lands? Since her hooves had pressed into the soil of Novus? Araxes has long lost track of it, but there's something here that always calls her back. That always brings her back, despite the curse that runs through her veins, the curse of her birth that has affected her more than once.

Araxes hasn't been able to call these lands home in what feels like years, with the world spinning and the moon shifting in the sky repeatedly. The last time she had been here, there had been hope and a family, a warmth in her chest, but then the Courts had all gone to hell. Torn asunder, split and rocking. She had lost her hope, lost everything that had driven her away, and eventually, had caused the curse in her blood to activate. She is no longer the same mare she had been coming to Novus. That mare had been rather silly and naïve of the world. As if there could be hope in a place that had beaten down so many.

She had left, and Novus had ripped her innocence away with it.

Carefully, the mare draws in a breath and her golden hooves press into the ground, finding comfort in the soil and a sense of peace deep down in her bones. There is worry, and the aching pang of the loss of family. Torstein... the boys. Jaxis. Her breath stutters for a brief moment, but then she shakes her horned head and presses forward with a sense of urgency, finding the familiar landscape of Denocte curling over her. How long had she been here, lurking among the shadows? She's kept to herself in the peaks of the mountains, but to be back down here after seeing the familiar falling stars . . she knows. There is a shift of power again in a land that had been so precious and beloved to her, and she would not let it fall into despair as it once had.

Ears twist and fall back a moment in a look of determination, before she shakes her head and presses forward, her hooves taking the time to eat up the ground underneath of them. Caligo is calling to her, just as she had once before. The goddess is one that Araxes has met before, has had the time to meet, but how long has it been? Far too long. Denocte aches and she aches with it.

Stepping forward through the Court, she finds that she is not the only one heeding the call of the mother of night, and she finds her heart pounding in her chest, aching. The familiar tightness and then loosening as she steps through those that have gathered. There are voices ahead, speaking to the patron goddess, and while they are unfamiliar, she continues onward. Hopefully they belong to those that would have this Court in their hearts.

Finally, Araxes makes it past a few more bodies, placing herself in front of them with her golden horned head dipping down just slightly. Golden eyes focus on the goddess, though they do cast a glance or two to the side, taking in the sight of those that have already offered themselves. One looks as if they've stepped out from the shadows of night, with a haunting skull for a face. The other looks as if the stars had kissed him and granted him their very lives, glowing. There are no others just yet, but she lifts her head and steps forward, her eyes determined.

Something has long since changed in Araxes since the first fall of the Court when it had shielded itself from everyone, closed away and locked their own people up. There's a hardness somewhere to the edges of her gaze, a look that shows how the world has worn her away, and yet despite that, it's only ignited her determination. Caused the flames of survival to leap up and burn away at her, warming her with her steps.

"It has been too long, Caligo." She missed the first words spoken, those between any of the Denoctians. All she knows is that there is no Sovereign here, that something has happened to the lands she has long loved.

The medic adjusts her weight, lifting her head in a look of faint pride as she draws in a soft breath, letting it out again. "I see Denocte is crying out again... and I mean to put myself forward to help her in any way I can. I've stood by for far too long and watched this Court fluctuate. It is time to finally have stability, and alliances that could forge a new future for us. I will see to it that such things happen." Her lips purse a moment, but she does dip her head in a soft bow, lifting it back up. Perhaps she has just as much a chance of anyone else offering themselves to Caligo, but she knows she will stay, regardless of the outcome.

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
Kai or Jek, take your pick c:

Great! How old are you?
30 !

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
Offsite, I've had plenty of positions of power over the years. ( they've all been on sites that have eventually died off from time, really. ) I rather enjoyed how it brought my characters closer to their herd, as well as the other rp'ers! I didn't much like the OOC drama that came along with it at times, but it's something I work hard to not allow.

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Yes

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
Listen I love Novus and have been around since the start of it those years ago. I might have vanished from time to time but I always end up coming back, and it's the draw of this place. The community and lore. Everything.

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead Denocte?
Araxes has been a part of the Night Court since the very beginning, always finding her way back. She has long held the interests of the Court and Caligo near and dear to her heart, and strived to make it a better place, even as a simple Champion of Healing. When the Courts were rocked, she was the first one to step out and help out the other Courts as well as her own. She is kind and giving, and while she started off soft and gentle, she's gained a sort of hardness to her that can only be spoken as determination. She grew into herself over the years of having her as a character. That being said, she's not one to lead with an iron grip either, nor with a mind for war.

I feel like she falls into the ideals of Denocte and what it used to be: a haven for dreamers and scholars. She has the heart of a medic and will always place the health of the Court before anything she ever does, including being hands on in terms of ruling. She would never be far from those that need her, despite what has happened in her past and caused her disappearance.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
Araxes wants to see Denocte become what it once was: a beautiful court of knowledge and dreamers. She would immediately want to align them with other Courts to prevent any sort of strife or conflict with them ( as one of the first ones to mingle with other Courts and even create children with someone from another Court, she's never shied from things, despite everyone looking down on her for it at the time. ) She would build them up once more, teach healing ways and also put their patron goddess at the forefront ( after meeting her in person the first time years ago, she's found a love for Caligo in the best of ways ).

She would never be one to abuse her power, or hide their people away like they've been so sheltered at times. Araxes wants to meet the new faces and wants to bring them together, to teach and heal and expand if they can. Mingle with other courts, share their knowledge and learn what they can from others. Of course, a sort of coronation would be the first thing, if just to mingle and meet everyone that she can.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Nope, love you all here on Novus <33

Messages In This Thread
RE: from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Kaiju - 01-01-2021, 11:42 PM
RE: from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Ira - 01-05-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Kassandra - 01-10-2021, 07:13 PM