Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - strange shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 675
Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

If the last sea mare I had encountered was born of the collision of the ocean and the stars, this beautiful creature was born of the sun-warmed sands and the bubbling, flirtatious foam. Her greeting meets my audits with a halting caution, as if she were not looking to disturb me, but wanting to hold conversation all the same. I turn my dial to look at her fully, a smile finding its way easily to my features. I had known that someone would come eventually. After all, the weather was warm and the sea is as good a place as any to seek refuge and to soothe one’s heated pelt. A place to heal one’s wounds, be they of the flesh or the soul. She is dripping, and I notice but one lock of seaweed woven into her hair. It suits her, I think.

I shift my pistons carefully on the sands to face her more directly, the coins woven into my braid giggling softly against my skin. “Hello,” I say warmly, bowing my head slightly to the mare. I look to the waves as they pull back from the shore, bright blue readying itself to crash against warm gold. A gull cries again as it attempts to pick up a shell still home to a creature not quite ready to become a meal. It’s peaceful, the dull roar of the waves, a constant thrum in my veins and a rush against the bottoms of my hooves if I stand still long enough on the warm sands. It would be so very easy to become one with the sea as she is now, bright and inviting and alive. “It’s quite a lovely day, isn’t it?” 

I turn my gaze back to her and I find myself wondering if she is from the sea, or if she is merely a visitor, like I am. Her jewelry, though less than mine, is tasteful and unique, and I am drawn to ask her about it’s origins. The delicate spirals curving to her horns are most attractive, and not just any artisan would be able to craft such an elegant piece. I nod to her adornments, my own silver tittering in delight. “Your jewelry is exquisite, my lady. It suits you well. Might I ask where it is you came by such lovely pieces?” 

The genial conversation is certainly a change of pace from my last visit to the sea, and I am grateful for it. Novus has been a place of growth and change since I first set foot on her lands this past winter, and though it was all very necessary growth, I yearned for something simple. This beautiful soul made of the shifting sands seemed perfectly agreeable a lady as any might be on a lovely afternoon, and after all, she clearly desired some kind of company. Who would I be if I were to deny her the very thing I, too, have been searching for? 

"Speech" | @Meira

art by the-day-of-shadow character by scapeh table by sunny

Messages In This Thread
strange shadows - by Torielle - 12-30-2020, 10:12 AM
RE: strange shadows - by Meira - 01-08-2021, 10:03 PM
RE: strange shadows - by Torielle - 01-08-2021, 10:40 PM
RE: strange shadows - by Meira - 01-08-2021, 11:06 PM
RE: strange shadows - by Torielle - 01-08-2021, 11:36 PM